Chapter 23: The Return

Katherine Pierce is standing in the Gilbert kitchen, she happens to be posing as Elena so no ne can tell the difference.John is standing isn't until the fridge, the door wide open.

John Gilbert closes the fridge door and he gasps when he sees Katherine. "You scared me."

"Sorry," Katherine claims.

"Is jenna home?" John asks. "Did Ryan make it?"

"What happened to Ryan?" Katherine asks curiously, Isobel told her about Ryan...the daughter she kept, Kat wants to make a friend while in town.

"When the... device went off, it effected the guy she was having bring her home and she was in an accident," John explains and Katherine's face falls. "She's in bad shape from the last I hear."

"Poor thing," Katherine coos. "Jenna had to meet the fire chief about the building. She doesn't know the truth. They've covered it up."

"Yeah, I know," John replies. "How's Jeremy?"

"Holed up in his room," Katherine replies.

"Can I help?" John asks.

Katherine looks down at John's hand and she notices the Gilbert ring on his hand. "Sure."

Katherine grabs a butcher knife and she slabs it down on John's hand, removing his fingers and the ring and she pushes John agaisnt the sink.

"Katherine?!" John gasps in horror.

Katherine's face vamp is out and she smiles wickedly. "Hello, John. Goodbye, John." She stabs the knife into his stomach and when the front door opens, she vamp speeds to a hiding spot.
<><><><>

"Hey, Ric," Jenna greets as she goes by the hospital after talking to the fire department. "How is she?"

"She's awake, but she isn't talking to anyone," Alaric replies. "She made me me leave the room, threw a vase at me. This accident... it hurt her in more ways than just one."

"Does Damon know she's here?" Jenna asks.

"I left a voicemail on his phone and sent him a text message," Alaric replies. "If he doesn't, he will."

"Can I go in and see her?" Jenna asks.

"Good luck."

Jenna places a hand on Ric's shoulder and she walks into Ryan's room. Ryan looks at the door and sees Jenna.

"Hey, Ryan," Jenna greets. "Can I come on over there?"

Ryan nods.

"Are you going to throw a case at my head?" Jenna jokes.

Ryan grins, which is something Jenna likes to see. Ryan shakes her head 'no' before she grimaces in pain. Jenna walks over and she sits on the side of the bed, grabbing Ryan's hand.

"What happened, Ryan?" Jenna asks.

"Tyler heard a noise, I don't know what," Ryan says. 'I didn't hear it. I don't get it. I'm so confused, Jenna."