Chapter 37: The Dinner Party

Ryan wakes up on the couch with a groan, her body aching

Ryan wakes up on the couch with a groan, her body aching. She smiles at the fresh memories from the night before and she goes to shower, and get dressed in some black skinny jeans, an egg white blouse with a floral lace over it, some ankle boots, two rings - one on each hand, and her vervain necklace. Ryan adds a leather jacket before leaving the house and going to her Dodge Charger.
<<<!>>>

Ryan sits beside her dad at the booth he's at with Damon and Andie. She lays her head on the table and it lets out a bang.

"Your night go bad?" Alaric asks.

"Mm-mm," Ryan moans and shakes her head, before sitting up. "It was actually really good. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up freaking stiff."

"I warned John not to move you when you fall asleep," Alaric says. "I had a black eye the last time and a swollen cheek the first time."

"Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend," Damon muses.

"Hey, guys," Jenna greets.

"Hey, mama Jen," Ryan greets as she shrugs off her jacket.

"So, I hear you two had quite the meeting of the historical minds today," Damon says.

"Yeah," Jenna replies, "I guess you could say that."

"Well, as much as I would like to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric says and he puts his money down to leave.

"You know what? We should continue this," Andie suggests. "Let's have a dinner party."

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host," Damon days. "Ryan, would you cook for us?"

Ryan smiles. "Is that okay with you, Andie?"

"Perfect!" Andie replies. "I've heard good things."

"Say tonight, maybe?" Damon suggests.

"It's good for me," Ryan shrugs. "Got nothing to do."

"It's good for me, too," Andie replies. "Jenna?"

"I don't know if tonight works..."

"Yeah," Jenna cuts Ric off, "I'm free."

Elijah glances at Ryan and back to Damon. "It'd be a pleasure."