Chapter 7: Haunted

It's Halloween and Alaric is letting Ryan go to the Halloween carnival thing at the high school. Her costume idea is from a character in mortal combat. Her face will be covered and she will be wearing solid white contacts, but she will look hot, she is super excited.

She made Ric pick up the costume up, again when the money Myra sent. It is laying on Ryan's bed while she waits for the appropriate time to put it on. Alaric is getting getting himself and things together for his first day as a teacher here to begin in a few days, she hopes.
<><><><>

Ryan makes a pot of coffee in her yoga pants and whore tank top. She just did a workout on the bench press and a dummy she keeps in her room now. She is still beyond excited about getting out of the apartment for the night.

Sure, Ryan did tell Myra she wouldn't go out unless it was for school but it was Myra who insisted, both knowing that Halloween and Thanksgiving are Ryan's favorite holidays. Halloween because she can pretend to be someone she's not and Thanksgiving because she gets to cook and eat a lot.

"Do I smell coffee?" Alaric asks as he reluctantly leaves his bedroom in his pajama pants with no shirt and really messy hair.

"I knew coffee would wake the monster," Ryan muses. "You need a hot shower and a strong brush, dad."

"Oh shut up."

Ryan smirks and she puts a cup of coffee. She sits in the living room, on the couch, and she sips on the steaming beverage as her dad joins her.
<><><><>

Ryan looks at herself in the mirror when she's in her Halloween costume and she whistles at herself. Ryan smirks under the mask hiding her mouth and she leaves her room, finding Alaric at the bench press in his sweat pants and a tank.

"I'm going now, dad," Ryan says.

Alaric sits up after putting the weight down and he grimaces. "That costume is creepy."

"I'm hot, so shut up," Ryan smirks before she leaves.

Ryan goes out to her Dodge Charger and she drives to high school with the directions she got from the map of Mystic Falls. Ryan parks beside a car and it belongs to a blonde girl. She smiles.

"Are you new?" She asks and Ryan nods, too excited to speak. "I'm Caroline Forbes."

Ryan reaches into the bag Ric made her bring with her stake and grand a sharpie. She grabs Caroline's hand.

I am Ryan S.

"Ryan S., welcome to Mystic Falls," Caroline coos befofe she walks off.

Ryan shrieks happily, making Caroline smile as she walks away. Ryan sees more students and a few of the nerds compliment her costume. She thanks them with a nod as she walks around and sees a huge crowd. She smiles under the mask when someone pulls her off to dance.
<><><><>

Ryan is dancing but she freezes when she sees herself m

What?

A teenaged girl who is identical to Ryan just walked into the gym with a younger boy. The big sees Ryan and he grins before leaving the girl with someone else.