Chapter 28: Plan B

Ryan is sitting on the couch in her skinny jeans and tank top, her leather jacket is on the coat rack by the door

Ryan is sitting on the couch in her skinny jeans and tank top, her leather jacket is on the coat rack by the door. She swirls her glass, the ice making noise as they hit the glass. Damon sits with her and lays his head on her shoulder.

"What happened?" Ryan asks. "Who exposed you to Liz?"

"Mason," Damon mutters. "Laced the lemonade with vervain. Exposed me and Stefan."

"Need help taking him down?" Ryan asks. "I found some things in my mom's office."

Damon looks Ryan in her eyes and he is about to kiss her when someone knocks on the door. Damon closes his eyes in annoyance.

"I have to go, anyway," Ryan says. "I'm helping decorate fort he masquerade at the Lockwood's."

Damon grabs Ryan's arm and helps her up before leading her to the door. Damom grabs her leather jacket and helps her into it before opening the door, finding Jeremy standing there.

"Hey Ryan, you look pretty," Jeremy compliments.

"Thanks, Jeremy," Ryan says. "Don't annoy Damon too much. Gotta go sort masks. Fuuun!"

Ryan ruffles Jeremy's hair as she walks by him, and to her Dodge Charger.
<><><><><>

Ryan hows to a table at the Lockwood's and she begins to sort through the masks, and untangles them from the other. Ryan sees Carol go after Matt and Tyler, who have a one hundred year old tables from the 1800s. Stefan soon joins her.

"Hey," Stefan greets. "You always wear black."

"Not always, but I like black," Ryan replies wirh a smile. "Are you going to the masquerade tomorrow night?"

"I... don't know yet," Stefan replies. "Elena and I are fighting."

"Go with me, as friends," Ryan says. "I'll ask Elena if it's okay."

"You better see if Katherine's ok with it," Stefan teases..

"Kat won't care if it's me, she knows I'm not totally in love with you," Ryan muses.

"Stefan, you should come to dinner tonight," Jenna says as she walks over. "Ryan and Ric will be there."

"I'm cooking," Ryan says.

"You know, Elena and I, were kind of taking a - a pause," Stefan claims.

"Really?" Jenna asks. "Because that's what what it sounded like this morning."