Chapter 50: Smells Like Teen Spirit

After a sparring session with Rebekah at five in the freaking morning, Ryan takes a shower and then gets dressed for the first day of senior year

After a sparring session with Rebekah at five in the freaking morning, Ryan takes a shower and then gets dressed for the first day of senior year. She wears some black skinny jeans, a very pretty blue tank top she bought while she was in Chicago, some black high heeled ankle boots, a gold chained necklace with a blue feather, her vervain necklace, her new choker from Klaus, some black hoop earrings - her favorite pair -, and her bracelet.

Ryan curls her hair before going out to her car after bidding farewell to her new friend, Rebekah. Ryan drives her car to school and joins her friends. Elena takes her hand reassuringly and Caroline takes the other.

"Here we are," Caroline claims. "Senior year."

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asks.

"Okay," Caroline begins to rant. "So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on."

"You're right," Bonnie replied. "I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes!" Caroline chants. "And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend got turned into a hybrid put a da,pier om this otherwise fabulous day?"

"Why should I let the fact I live with an original sister who's temper is as bad as my own ruin my fun of senior year?" Ryan asks and Caroline grins at her.

"That's a dangerous combination," Caroline jokes. "And we thought you and Katherine was bad until she fled."

"Today's our anniversary," Elena says sadly. "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."

"Yeah..." Caroline frowns. "You win."

"El, are you sure you want to be here?" Ryan asks.

"I have to be," Elena replies. "I have to put it behind me. New year. New life."

Caroline, Ryan, and Bonnie all just look at each other before following Elena into the school.
<<<!>>>

Ryan looks at the flyer on the wall for the back to school bonfire, it's the first spirit squad event. Ryan might not be part of the squad, but she promises she will be there. She sees Tyler wall up and kiss Caroline and she leaves for class.
<<<!>>>

Ryan sits in the front of history this year while Caroline sits beside Elena because someone else is already beside Ryan and the window is on her other side, a boy sits on the other side of Elena until Stefan comes in and makes him move.