Jumped

Two-bit had his truck around the front of the school and all three of us ran to get inside of it.

We were skipping school, but it didn't matter.

The only thing that mattered in this moment to me was Johnny.

Ponyboy and I stayed in the backseat with him and Two-bit drove to the Curtis house.

It was a Tuesday, so the family would most likely be at work.

We just needed medicine I think.

Pony asked me, "Did you see anybody, Bella."

I ran one finger over Johnny's face trying my best to hold back my tears as I nodded my head yes.

I couldn't speak.

It was like my throat had been tightened, and there were just no words forming.

Two-bit was driving like a maniac.

He was swerving all over the road and his speed was at least over 100 miles.

I held Johnny's hand tightly whispering under my breath, "Please be okay."

Once we made it to the Curtis house, Two-bit grabbed him moving him to the couch as Ponyboy opened the door.

I asked him from the living room as he rushed to the medicine cabinet, "Do you even know what you're doing?"

He yelled from the kitchen, "Shut up."

It was the first time ever in my life where he has yelled at me.

I looked back towards Johnny, but he was still not waking up.

Ponyboy said to me, "We need to see a doctor."

I totally agreed with him, however doctor bills are too expensive for us.

Two-bit yelled from the other room, "Somebody call Darry."

Pony stood up and said, "I'll do it."

He called Darry's work place, and Darry is no doctor but he does know what to do sometimes in these situations.

Pony hangs up and says, "He said that we should wait until he wakes up."

I wasn't planning on going anywhere, until I knew that he would be okay no matter how long it took.

Night soon appeared and Darry, Soda, and Steve got off of work.

Darry came inside right as he started waking up.

Johnny looked around the room then tried sitting up, but he held his head.

"Oww, wha-what happened?"

I was the first one at his side to hug him.

I was so relieved that he was going to be okay.

Two-bit smiled, "You got jumped, but don't worry you're gonna have an awesome scar."

I rolled my eyes at him as I noticed I was still holding on to Johnny's hand.

He looked up at me and smiled best he could.

Soda said to me, "Hey, Bella, it's almost ten. Shouldn't you be getting home?"

I began to ask, "Can I just stay here for tonight?"

I knew they wouldn't mind it, however I only wanted to stay here because of Johnny.

Two-bit spoke up, "You know Rebecca will kill you. I'll just walk you home."

Surprisingly, I wasn't in the mood to put up an argument tonight.

I just had the scare of my life when Johnny was knocked out cold.

He opened the door for me as Johnny called out on the couch, "I love you, Bella."

I grabbed the knob and closed it shut behind me.

Two-bit asked, "Why didn't you say it back?"

Why didn't I say it back? That is a very good question.

Maybe, it's because of the fact that I recently found out I have some feelings for him and don't know what they mean.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

I did know.

When we reached my house, he said to me, "Look, I wanted to apologize for yelling at you before. I was just stressed out."

I smiled, "I know you were and it's okay."

He continued, "I know you were real worried about him. We all were, Bella."

It hurt more than anything when I saw Johnny like that.

I turned to him and asked with tears forming into my eyes, "Can you just hold me, Two-bit?"

He stretched his arms out as he let me cry.

I know that this is real selfish of me to be using him at a time like this, but I had nobody else.

Two-bit was all I had.

Thanks for Reading!
Comment down below and give it a Star!
Stay Tuned for More!
~Stay Gold