Dating 101

Johnny and I met outside the next morning to walk together, but this time it would be different.

He asked me, "Are you ready for today?"

I shook my head, "No, but let's get it over with."

He reached down and grabbed my hand for the first time ever.

If I hate it, I know he hates it which reminds me that this is all my fault.

It's all because of the big mouth I have.

I honestly have to say this is the weirdest thing we've done together just holding hands so far.

I would occasionally look down at our hands then back up at him and try to smile.

I had a feeling he was thinking the same thing.

This is weird and so unlike us.

I tried to ignore the feeling as we kept walking to school.

He finally interrupted the silence and asked me, "So girlfriend..you have any plans after school today?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, boyfriend, why do you ask?"

He smiled, "I'm going to take you out on our first real-fake date to the Dingo tonight."

I rolled my eyes, "You don't have to do this, Johnny. It can only be a fake dating at school kind of thing."

He shook his head, "No way. If we're going to do this then we'll do it for real or for fake either way."

I laughed, "Alright fine."

The rest of the walk to school felt like no other day except for the hand holding of course.

When we entered the building for the hundredth time, people were staring at us except it was different this time.

They were smiling?

Some guys would pat Johnny's back guys he never even talked to before.

Some girls would twirl their hair and say from a distance, "Hey, Johnny."

Now all of a sudden, they were all wanting to pay Johnny more attention.

I could tell he was uncomfortable but didn't want to say anything as he threw his arm over me walking me to class.

I grabbed his hand on my shoulder and watched all the people we passed.

Ponyboy joined Johnny's other side, "Hey, hows my favorite love birds?"

I rolled my eyes and whispered, "Shut up, Pony. I swear imma kill you."

He had a smile slowly transfer to his face as he continued to walk with us to the same classes.

As soon as this all set in, I knew it was going to be a very very long day.

After School...

I walked Johnny to the Curtis house, but he tells me that he doesn't want me staying here too long.

"Why not? We always hangout here after school?"

"Because we have a real-fake date remember? You need to go get ready for it soon."

"What? I don't look good or something?"

"You know it's not that, but that day you were trying to get Bob's attention and wore just a little bit of makeup looked even better."

I rolled my eyes just great I didn't even know that real-fake dating would be this hard.