Chapter 03

Narrator's POV

Later that night, on a not so random Gotham rooftop

"You didn't kill him." A stern emotionless voice says.

"Does it really surprise you that much?"

"You shouldn't have let her go that far."

"Hey B, the rule is no killing right? I didn't fucking kill him did I? So how about you fuck off and go brood somewhere else. This rooftop is taken."

"Don't forget your mission on Monday." With that the Bat jumped off the rooftop and grappled away, leaving the Red Hood with his thoughts.

"Fucking mission! Fucking Bat! Fucking fuck." Red Hood takes off his helmet, runs his gloved hands through his raven hair pushing away his white streak, lights up a cigarette and looks down into the window of a certain artist, he watches her sleep. He remembers her smile as she read his note, he hadn't planned on leaving a note, but felt like he should. He feels horrible for putting a tracker on the knife holster but that's just the way it was supposed to be. He stays on the rooftop for one more hour then heads back to his safe house.

Jason's safehouse

Once in his safe house, Jason takes off his gear, prepares a pot of coffee takes a picture of it and sends it in a text then heads to shower. All he can think of is how he didn't kill that guy. How was she able to convince him not to? It felt like she ordered him not to and he just accepted it. But he doesn't follow orders. He never did, Bruce, Talia, Ducra, they can all attest to that, Jason Todd doesn't follow orders. He has to admit, her idea wasn't that bad. He finds himself smiling and remembering her smiling at his note. Once he finishes his shower he wraps a towel around his waist and walks into his room, he changes into dry clothes and then walks out to be greeted by none other than his sleep deprived, caffeine addicted and mystery junkie brother already gulping the fresh coffee.

"So what's the thing that couldn't wait?" 

"Hello to you to Timbers. Enjoying my coffee I see, boy you would be so easy to kidnap, I can see it, just a trail of coffee leading to a van and that's how Timothy Jackson Drake disappeared." Jason says laughing as he grabs a mug and pours some coffee for himself before taking a seat next to Tim who is still in his Red Robin outfit.

"I want to argue with that, but I can't, now tell me what's up?"

Jason opens up his laptop and reaches for a USB key from his jacket, plugs it and opens some files.

"That" Jason points at the screen, "can you find out where this is from?"

Tim makes offended noises as he brings the laptop closer to him. "Can I find out where this is from? Of course I can." 

As soon as he lays his eyes of the item on the screen his confidence disappears, "Jay, weapons are your thing, specially ancient looking ones." Tim starts typing and researching not waiting for a reply.

"Yeah I know, but with the mission the old man has for me I don't have time to look into this. So I thought who better than the greatest hacker in the world whose day is longer than 24 hours for this job?" 

Tim laughs and says "Don't let Barbara hear you. Ah and by the way I got you the stuff you'll need for Monday" he points behind him to a bag on Jason's couch. " the rest in up and running, and yes I will find everything I can about this don't worry, now make some more coffee, I have cases of my own, I'm crashing here because Demon Spawn doesn't let me work."

Jason grabs the bag and shuffles through the stuff inside and mumbles "I don't understand why he doesn't give this job to Golden Wonder." 

"You know why Jay. Don't worry you'll do fine." Tim says not looking up from the screen but gesturing for more coffee.