Chapter 46

AN: sorry for not updating in so long, this past year was really bad for me, went through a dark few months, it wasn't good, depression and all, anyway! I hope you guys are still reading! put some comments, hit a vote, tell me what you think! Love!

The kitchen of Wayne Manor

The Gotham socialite class filled the humongous ballroom, so many fake people toasting their glasses and laughing grotesquely, Nerissa felt nauseous at the sight. She snuck into the kitchen and went to hide next to the fridge.

"Hiding already my dear?"

"Alfred!" Nerissa jumped then whined, "I don't want to go!"

"We can call it off, all of it," he said in a very serious tone, "I still run this house."

"We can't, if I don't face them now I never will!"

"How can I help you my dear?"

"A magic Alfred hug wouldn't hurt," she suggested innocently.

He gestured for her to remove the earpiece before he wrapped his arms around her in a very protective hug.

"You will be perfectly safe, Master Bruce called in some of the League," he pulled away, "the boys and Miss Cain will not leave your side, and I," he opens his jacket a bit showing a gun in its holster, "am always near."

"I thought Bruce had a no guns' policy," she asked curiously.

"My dear, I diapered his bottom, he can have all the policies he wants, I have my own," he sniffed imperiously in a way that reminded her of Damian, "I'll keep an eye on Jason."

"I'm really worried about him."

Alfred was the only one to who saw right through her, the moment was short lived as Trish came in looking as gorgeous as ever.

"Come on, the eagle has to fly," Trish said while putting down her file and pen.

"How long have you been waiting to say this?" Nerissa laughed.

"Too long, come on you have to be with Bruce," Trish held the door open.

"It'll be fine," Alfred handed Nerissa the earpiece.

The ballroom

Trish walked her to Bruce who gave her his arm.

"We have some people we need to meet," he said in a low voice, "you are the woman of the night after all."

"To think that at an event like this I should be networking," she shook her head

"You will at the next one."

"I am not doing another. Is everyone here yet?" She asked searching for her targets.

"They're in the driveway." Clark said through comm.

"ETA 10 minutes, everyone in position?" Bruce asked.

Nerissa heard many voices, men and women saying yes not one she recognized which really put her on an extra edge.

"It's show time," Nerissa whispered.

"How long have you been waiting to say this?" Trish teased through comm.

Nerissa's first condition was for Trish to be included. She knew only her Trish could calm her and keep her mind off of Jason when shit hits the fan even though Trish didn't know the full plan either.

"Bruce," a handsome blond man with a goatee called.

Bruce and Nerissa walked towards him.

"Oliver Queen," he smiled, "pleasure to meet you."