Chapter 43

AN: I know I suck, but for some reason I can't write for this book like I used to, I hope to get back on track this time!! Thank you for sticking with me! ❤💖

Monday night, Gotham's sewers

"How many bodies did you find?" Batman asked as he collected evidence from the second body.

"23 bodies across town, over the past month and a half," Killer Croc answered sounding surprisingly cooperative, "something unnatural happened to them... and to me."

"What do you mean unnatural?" Selina asked still crouched next to the dead prostitute.

"Something happened here, a few nights ago, but I don't seem to remember, I found those two today, they've been dead for longer, I always find the bodies fresh," Croc growled in response, "there was something about Robinson Park, that's all I can remember."

"Hnn," Batman grunted.

"What are you thinking?" Selina asked her lover.

"I have a theory," Bruce examined the bodies again, "but he's right, something's not right here."

"Nobody cares when prostitutes go missing, that's what's not right," Croc growled before jumping back into the sewers.

"He does have a point," Selina pointed out, "do you think this is Sionis?"

"No, he's vicious but this is bigger than him, there are signs of torture," Batman lifted the arm of the body, "starvation, and I'm assuming repeated rape, and they seemed to be drained of their blood but we need an ME's report to confirm."

"I'll tell Waylon to go to my place in Alley Town," Selina sighed, "don't want him eating our boys in blue."

"Hnn," Batman stay crouched next to the body, there was a smell near both dead girls, something over the smell of sewers and death, he couldn't place it but it was a familiar smell of dread, "Cat."

"Yes?"

"Be careful," Bruce stood up feeling really weird about this case.

"I'm always careful Bat."

"I mean it, it's not human."

Selina glanced back at his worried expression feeling her stomach knotting, something really bad had happened. Batman was showing real concern laced with a hint of fear.

Nerissa's apartment around the same time

"So ... you killed a demon that's been raping and killing prostitutes all over town then dumping their bodies in the sewers where Killer Croc found them?" Trish asked her bestfriend who she hasn't seen since they came back from New York and Nerissa took a shortcut back to Gotham via teleportation.

"Yes," Nerissa groaned into her pillow.

"And you met Catwoman who brought this news to Batman?"

"Yes," Nerissa rolled her eyes.

"And you've been training with an immortal Arthurian guy possessed by a demon that is also a prince of hell, the same one who gave you cut you a piece of his cloak?"

"Yes, yes, yes, and Bruce wants to resurrect Jason legally and he didn't even bother to ask him, and I can sort of hear Thirteen now, and I can shift into her consciousness or whatever, and I'm freaking out!!!"

Trish's head snapped to the cat that'd been poking at Nerissa for the past 15 minutes as if trying to comfort her or communicate something to her.

"Right," Trish drawled out, "and what does trench coat have to say about all this?"