Chapter 28

Friday the plane crash's site

"It's Jason, it's bad, it's really bad."

"What happened? What did he say?" Nerissa's heart was racing.

"I don't know! Just that Jason's hurt and that we should get to the cave now." Trish was panicked. "How is it night time?"

"Shit I forgot that time is different in the house of mystery, John open-" she looked back and Constantine was gone, "selfish bastard."

Once in the car Trish took a different route.

"What are you doing? That's the wrong way!" Nerissa snapped.

"Br-Batman sent me the fastest route!" Trish snapped back not able to process anything.

"This is my fault, I shouldn't have left knowing he was angry! Oh fuck! This all my fault!"

"Hey! It's not your fault, we don't even know what happened, maybe he slipped in the shower okay?" Trish gripped the steering wheel trying to focus on driving.

"He didn't slip in the shower!" barked Nerissa, "he was so angry when I left, I felt it in my bones, I shouldn't have left."

"Babe, the guilt trip's not going to help him or you, or ME! Try to calm down just for me please?" she saw Nerissa nodding from the corner of her eye, "now, since I'm going to the batcave, anything I should know?"

"Uh, I-" Nerissa took a deep breath, "only the boys and Cassandra know I died, Damian knows I went to hell, he did too-"

"What the fuck? Is dying like a rite of passage in this family?"

"I don't know Trish! Okay you know what I know!.. What if he dies Trish?"

"He won't okay?" Trish took a deep breath and tried to keep her friend's mind off of Jason, "so you and this John?"

"Once."

"You trust him?"

"No," she felt Trish's confusion,"I trust Alec, who says Constantine's my only hope."

"Right," Trish took an exit, "so resurrection's a thing, magic too, tree guy healed you and the devil's real?"

"Basically." Nerissa was fiddling with her phone, she saw all the missed calls, "they called me, all of them! Oh God!"

"Okay give me that," Trish snatched the phone, "so your scars are from the plane not the car accident?"

"And the nuns, there was never a car accident, it's just what I say to feel like less of a freak."

"Hey! you're not a freak, you're a fucking witch!" Trish bursts into laughs, "Shit! Sorry, I've been holding it in since that house!" she continues laughing, "it's not funny, but shit!"

"It's fine, you're taking it better than-"

"I fainted, and I'm driving! I'll be freaking out once we know Jason's fine." she cursed herself when she heard Nerissa crying.

"I-I can't lose him, not him too, not today. I-I'll never forgive myself if he dies-" Thirteen was licking Nerissa's hand.

"He won't! If he's half as stubborn as Roy says, he'll tear the devil to shreds again."

"He didn't go to hell, he died a hero," she cried, "I-I.."

"You love him," realized Trish, "we're almost there,"not knowing what to say anymore.

Friday the batcave

Trish parked her car right behind the batmobile, she still couldn't believe that Batman/Bruce trusted her enough to let her come here, but she knew that he had no other choice at the moment. The girls and cat rushed out of the car. Trish followed Nerissa to the med bay, where Jason was laid down on the gurney surrounded by the bat-clan and Roy.