14

Wendy's POV:

I went out of Joy's place and decided to go for a stroll. I listened to what she said and locked the door. It was nice and sunny, yet slightly windy outside. I wore a gray long sleeve along with a long skirt.

I decided to buy a mango smoothie at a nearby café and went out to continue my stroll. I put on my earbuds and listened to some Jimmy Brown. I put my music playlist on shuffle and let my thoughts sink in through the music.

The music made me feel relaxed. I kept walking until I arrived at an outdoor outlet mall. There were a lot of people. Luckily, I brought my purse with me, just in case I wanted to buy some clothes.

I entered a clothing store. I was looking for some pretty outfits to wear in the future. I was so concentrated on finding clothing, that I accidentally bumped into someone around my height. The scent was so familiar...

"Sorry." I said, still looking at the clothing rack.

"It's okay", said the familiar voice. But that time I didn't pay attention much to it, since I was focused on finding clothes. I heard her heels tapping away from me. I took a quick glance at the girl's back profile and it seemed very familiar. She was wearing a white t-shirt and a black skirt, and had straight long black hair. I just shrugged it off and continued on with my search.

I finally found an outfit. It was a black crop top with red plaid pants. I thought it would look cute together, so I went to the cashier and purchased it. It cost me around ₩40,000. I was shocked at the price because the only stores I went to were very expensive. Even though I was rich, I still told myself that I should shop at stores like this one more often.

As I got out of the store, I noticed so many people taking pictures of me. Because I was dating Joy? Maybe.

I remembered the first time interviewers surrounded me because I was dating Joy.

~Flashback starts~

It happened the day after Joy and I had our first date. When I walked out a café, I was greeted by interviewers and a lot of people taking pictures of me. I felt uncomfortable. I noticed that they were live on the news and were filming me.

"Excuse me, you're Son Wendy, aren't you?" an interviewer asked. I was surprised because, how did they figure my name?

"Uh, y-yes..." I said as I tried to get through the crowd. I felt squished.

"Are you and Park Sooyoung dating?" I ignored the question and continued trying to get out of the huge crowd. I could barely move. I just wanted to get away.

They just kept asking me questions as the cameras faced me.

"There were pictures of you and Joy holding hands and kissing. How did you feel?"

"Are you two official?"

"What does it feel like to date one of the most beautiful actresses in South Korea?"

"Excuse me, please answer these questions!" I stopped walking and turned to them.

"S-Sorry, it's private. Excuse me I have a place to head to." I tried getting through the crowd.

"Is it Park Sooyoung's place you're going to?" I froze when one of the interviewers said that.

I felt my heart drop when they mentioned Irene. "Weren't you dating the infamous model, Irene?"

"I'm sorry-"

I was interrupted by another question about Irene. "Did you break up with Irene, or did she break up with you?"

And more questions were asked. It felt endless. I heard a familiar voice calling for me. "Wendy!" I looked up and it was Joy. Everyone heard her and they all backed up. Joy finally reached me.

"Excuse me, don't just invade her personal space like that." Joy said. We were about to turn around and walk away from the crowd, when she turned around and said, "And to answer all your questions, my girlfriend right here, will go on another date with me in the future." She winked and we turned around, making the crowd go wild.

Joy was my savior and I just smiled at her as we walked alone.

~Flashback ends~

I got used to people taking pictures of me, as time passed. As usual, I would sometimes wave or ignore it. However, I was feeling happy and calm, so I decided to wave to them. They all waved back, with smiles on their faces. I guess you could call me a celebrity? A lot of people knew me, because of Sooyoung.

They all stopped following me and I sat on a bench, alone. I took out my phone and went on social media. I noticed that Seulgi posted a picture of her and Irene with the caption of an emoji shopping bag. It's been a while since I've seen both their faces. I took a closer look at it. The hairstyle and the clothing Irene wore, was the same one that the girl wore in the store earlier.

Then that's when it hit me.

I was so stupid to not even realize it.

The girl I saw in the store ealier, was Irene. It was her. My jaw dropped.

I quickly jumped from my seat, and looked around to see if Seulgi or Irene was still here, at the outdoor outlet mall. They were nowhere to be seen.

My heart was racing by the fact that I bumped into her and talked to her, yet I haven't looked at her directly. I face-palmed and slowly walked out of the outlet mall grounds, thinking about what I had done. She probably noticed me.

I kept thinking about it, even when I got out of the outlet mall. My heart was still racing and on the outside, I bet I looked confused, shocked, or even lifeless.

I reached the water fountain at the parking lot and continued to look down, deep into my thoughts. Then I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"Wendy?"

I looked up to see Seulgi, standing in front of me.