5

Wendy's POV:

As the three of us entered a clothing store, I realized there were a lot of posters of Irene. Seulgi and Irene didn't seem to care about the posters of Irene, but I was fascinated. Damn, Seungwan, you really got to go to the mall more often. The three of us couldn't find anything we liked in the store we entered, so we went to a different clothing store and that would repeat until we would find a store with clothes that we were interested in. Hours had passed and we were still shopping.

Every time we'd go in a store, Irene and Seulgi would always pair up and look around for cute clothing together. When one of them found an outfit, they always tried it on each other. I looked at them from afar. They were smiling at each other. They really look like a couple... On my left I see more security guards, protecting them from the paparazzi. My heart started to race after I heard a fan say, "They're so cute together! I wish they dated each other."

I took a deep breath and continued looking at them from afar, pretending I was searching for clothing. I suddenly felt like I was being stared at. I heard whispers behind me and to my right. I just continued and pretended I didn't hear them.

"Wasn't she with Irene earlier?"

"Yeah, weren't they twinning?"

"Who is she to Irene?"

"Why would someone like her hang out with a model?"

After hearing that, I froze. My heart sank. I felt dizzy and my face started to burn up. I couldn't handle it anymore, so I walked out of the clothing store, making sure Seulgi or Irene didn't notice me. I kept my head down as I kept walking.

I reached the exit of the mall, which led to the parking lot on the second floor. I looked at the sky and the sun was setting. The mall doesn't close until 10pm. I sat on a bench outside and started crying. I don't know why I started crying. Maybe jealousy? But what's there to be jealous for, Seungwan? You only met Irene for a day. Seulgi and Irene knew each other for a long time now. Unless...

No. Seungwan. Don't fall for her. You're straight. Make your father change his mind about the arranged marriage. Tell him you can fall in love with whoever. You're strong Seungwan. You got this. But another part of me is saying 'Shut up. Don't listen to her if you want to become the CEO of your father's company.' I don't know anymore and started crying more. I felt angry, confused, and jealous.

"Hey", I heard a woman's voice. "What happened?"

I kept crying and sniffling. "Ugh...I'm sorry, it's hard to explain." I kept looking at the ground and she came and sat beside me, tapping my back.

"I'm here to listen, don't worry."

I told her how I felt and what happened in that one store. I kept looking at the ground because I felt like I was nothing. "Hey, don't listen to those people, okay?" I just nodded my head. "What's your name?"

"Wendy. Son Wendy." I sniffled.

"Do you recognize my voice?" I felt confused. "No..."

"Look at me."

I turned to my left and saw a beautiful familiar face. She wore a full-on black outfit. A tight black dress, which shows her curves, a black blazer, black heels, a black choker and had straight long black hair. Damn, she was hot. Ugh Seungwan! Keep it together!

I saw her smile. "I'm Park Sooyoung. Or Joy. My stage name is Joy. I acted on that drama Tempted." I just shrugged and looked at the ground. I just wondered why another actress would talk to me, other than Seulgi. Joy kept patting my back until I calmed down.

After a few minutes of calming me down, Joy and I watched the beautiful sunset, silently. "It's really nice isn't it?" I turn to see Joy still looking at the sunset. She checked the time on her phone. It read 8:30pm. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Miss. Son." she stood in front of me and held her hand out. I reached for her hand and she helped me stand up. Gosh, her hand was so soft.

We had eye contact for a while, as our hands were touching each other. It felt different. Joy broke eye contact with me and reached for something inside the pocket of her blazer. "This is my number." I looked at her shocked and confused. "Just call me every time you have a problem. I'm always here to listen." She smiled at me and her bodyguards came to pick her up. She walked away with them and I couldn't see her in my sight anymore. I left out a huge sigh. I didn't care if Seulgi or Irene was looking for me, I just needed some time alone to think.

•••

An hour had passed and Seulgi bid goodbye to Irene and I. The two of us started walking back home, as the sun hadn't fully set. I felt so awkward when I was walking with Irene. I looked at the ground. "Wendy..." Irene spoke first. "What happened? Why did you suddenly leave Seulgi and I like that?"

I didn't answer her and kept looking down. That moment, I thought about Joy. "Wendy?" At the corner of my eye I saw her looking at me. I didn't answer her. I kept walking, head down. I walked to an empty nearby park.

I suddenly felt a strong hand, grabbing my wrist, which made me stop walking. "Wendy, talk to me. Tell me what happened." She gave me that face which looked like she was done with me acting like a child. "I won't let go until you tell me."

"I-I was just hungry, that's all. That's why I left." I lied.

"Then why couldn't Seulgi and I find you at the food court? We looked everywhere in the mall, and we couldn't find you! Seulgi called you many times, yet you haven't picked up! Tell me the truth, Wendy! What happened? Why did you suddenly leave?"

I started to breathe heavily and felt my tears building up. I clenched my fist. "I-I was in the washroom-!"

"WENDY STOP LYING!"

"I CAN'T-!"

"WENDY JUST TELL-!"

"I WAS A LITTLE JEALOUS OF HOW YOU AND SEULGI WERE ACTING ALL LOVEY DOVEY AND SOME FAN JUST HAD TO RUIN MY MOOD BY SAYING THINGS LIKE 'oh, they looked cute together' OR EVEN THINGS LIKE 'Irene shouldn't be hanging out with that girl with the bleached hair', BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT? THAT FUCKING HURT MY FEELINGS LIKE HELL!"

Tears were pouring down my face as I felt the anger and frustration in me. I walked and sat on a bench. It was now dark. I didn't even bother looking at Irene.

"...And I know I shouldn't feel this way, because you and Seulgi knew each other for so long. It's only been a day since I met you, Irene! So please explain, why do I feel like this?" I continued to look down as tears kept falling.

Irene was silent for a while. I suddenly felt her hand caress my jaw. I looked at her with tears in my eyes. She leaned closer. "It's called love."

I expected her to kiss me like in the movies or dramas. However, none of that happened. She continued to look at me in the eyes, with her face very close to mine. She let go of my jaw and stood, without offering my hand. "Let's go home." she turned and started walking without me, without looking back.

That. Was. So. Different.

Joy offered my hand, but Irene didn't. I suddenly realized Joy was a warm person and Irene wasn't. It made me realize more of how much a cold person Irene really is. And everyone loves her? God. I mumbled under my breath, "What a bitch..."