12

Wendy's POV:

A month has already passed and I'm still at the hospital. The doctor said it might take another 3 weeks for me to heal. Ever since the break, I would toss and turn because I kept thinking about everything that Irene had lastly said to me, which lasted for 2 weeks. I heard everything she said and when she left that day, I teared up.

That day was the last day I ever saw her.

I missed her so much. In the past, every morning when I wake up, I would always wait and wait for her to come. She never did.

I got tired of waiting, knowing she'll never come. I knew I had to move on.

Apparently, my parents found out what happened to me 3 days after my "attempt", when they arrived back to Korea from Thailand and scolded me when I woke up 2 days later. Gosh, I got so much in trouble, but they were thankful that I was still alive. I didn't know what I was thinking that night at the bridge.

I told my parents about how Irene and I split and how we didn't work things out. They were so disappointed. But thank god my parents didn't arrange another marriage for me and left me alone to relieve my pain from Irene.

Na-eun would sometimes visit me once a week with her mom and my father. Seulgi would come, along with Yeri, and visit too, and we finally made up.

However, they all never talked about Irene and when I asked them how she's doing, they would always reply with "She's fine, don't worry." I could tell that they were lying and were hiding things from me. Irene wasn't fine. Or maybe she is...? I wasn't sure.

I was guessing if Irene had also changed her number, since it wouldn't let me text her and when I tried calling her, it would say something like "This number is not in service." Maybe Irene has moved on herself.

Joy on the other hand, has been visiting me at least three times a week, in the evening. She would always stay with me and talk to me for an hour and a half. I was so thankful she stayed, visited, and made up for all her hours just to be my side. Joy helped me move on and gave me reasons to keep living. I got to say, Joy was really like an angel. A beautiful one. I told her to just call me by my name without adding "Unnie" after it and talk casually.

I was then beginning to forget about Irene.

"Wendy?" I heard a voice. "May I come in?"

"Sure." I smiled to see Joy entering the room. She was holding a cute paper bag. "Here." She handed me the bag. "I baked these red velvet cookies just for you, Wendy." She gave me the brightest smile.

"Thank you, Joy." I opened the bag and brought out a container, containing the red velvet cookies. I opened the lid and took a bite out of the cookie. "Yah! It's really good!" I widened my eyes and kept chewing on the tasty cookies.

"I'm glad to hear that." Joy beamed. God, her smile is so beautiful. "Would you like me to bake you goods from now on, until you're discharged?"

"Yes, please! I mean- only if you have time..." I nervously rubbed the side of my neck. I took another bite of the cookie.

I heard Joy chuckle. "Wendy, you have crumbs around your mouth."

"Hm?" I tried sweeping off the crumbs using my finger, but I couldn't get it. "Ah, let me get it for you." Joy went closer to my face and sweeped off the crumbs around my mouth. My heart began beating faster. She's so beautiful upclose...

Without thinking I went up to her lips and kissed her. She was startled at first by my actions, but kissed me back. It felt like heaven. I missed the feeling of being kissed. The kiss lasted 5 seconds. I broke the kiss.