4

Irene's POV:

It has been 30 minutes since Wendy played the piano for me. I could still hear how she played it. It was so beautiful. Wendy went to her room to get dressed, while I waited in the living room. I realized I needed to get dressed too.

I went up the staircase and walked toward her room. I knocked on the door before entering. "Wendy." As soon as I opened the door, I saw Wendy topless. It was like deja vu. "AH!" Wendy screamed and immediately hid at the side of her bed.

"I-I'm so sorry Wendy!" I quickly turned around, facing the door. "I could have just waited for you to answer first!" My ears started to get warm and I felt my face burn.

"I-It...It's alright... It's my fault. I could have just changed in my walk-in closet or bathroom." I heard her clothes ruffling, so I assumed she finally put a top on. "It's okay, you can turn around now."

I turned around to see Wendy wearing a loose white crop top with black jeans and white shoes. Seeing her abs definitely felt like deja vu. Her makeup made her look like an angel. Even her bleached hair was beautiful in slight curls. "Sorry, let me go out so you can change." Wendy walked past me and sat on the couch in the hallway.

I closed the door and changed.

After changing, I looked at myself in the mirror. I wanted to match with Wendy, so I wore a white off-shoulder top, with a black skirt. I put on some black heels to finish the outfit and straightened my hair. I tried my best to match the same makeup look as Wendy's, which was sort of hard. Only she can pull off that look.

I opened the door and surprised Wendy. She looked shocked but was smiling. "Let's go out somewhere, Wendy." She agreed and we both went down the staircase and out the door.

•••

"I would actually like you to meet one of my best friends", Wendy said as we walked inside a huge mall. There were a lot of people staring at us. Some girls giggled. Some people went up to Wendy. But most of all, A LOT of people went up to me.

"Miss Bae, may I have your autograph?"

"You two look cute! Is she your girlfriend?"

"Matching outfits! They're probably dating!"

"Miss Bae, what does it feel like going to the mall after a long time?"

All I heard was 'Miss Bae' this, or 'Miss Bae' that. Everyone around was filming Wendy and I, using their phones. I started to get a little annoyed because the paparazzi kept stopping Wendy and I from going to a particular shop in the mall to meet her friend. "Irene, what's happening?" Wendy tried to talk as loud as she could, as we're trying to go through the huge crowd of people surrounding us. I tried to speak up. "I-"

"I can't hear you!" Wendy was struggling to get close to me as the people around us kept getting louder with questions and yells, barely making a path for Wendy and I to get through. I'm so stupid. I could've called for my body guards before entering the mall. "Wendy!" I tried to get to her. I felt like suffocating.

"Irene, here! Hold my hand!" I quickly grabbed her hand and she tried her best to make way for the two of us. Finally, we were able to run away from the paparazzi and went to a small corner of the mall. "What the hell was happening back there?" Wendy tried catching her breath.

"Wendy. I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you earlier. I thought you also knew!"

"Knew what?"

"That I'm that infamous model in stores and magazines!"

"W-What...?" Wendy's eyes grew big. "You're her?!" She covered her mouth while staring at me with wide open eyes. "Yeah..." I told her.

"Oh my god! I'm deeply sorry! I didn't know it was you! I mean, I have heard about you, but I never really saw your face! It's my fault, we shouldn't have gone to the mall."

I was about to respond until someone called out for Wendy. "Wannie!" I look behind Wendy to see a pretty girl with a slim body. I'm guessing she's the girl Wendy wanted to introduce to me to. They both hugged and the girl went up to me. As she got closer, she seemed very familiar. Like as if we met before. "God, if it isn't the one and only Irene Bae." She pointed her finger at me. "Don't you remember who I am?"

Wendy looked confused as she looked back and forth at me and the girl. "For Pete's sake, we went to high school together!" The girl looked at me. I looked at her more. "We always sat together, hung out at my place? Oh my god, I was your best friend!" She lightly punched my arm. Then I suddenly remembered who she was.

"Oh my god! Seulgi? Kang Seulgi?" I covered my mouth and looked at her with a surprised face.

"Yes!" Seulgi went and hugged me. "How are you Joohyun?"

Wendy's POV:

"Yes!" Seulgi went and hugged Irene. "How are you Joohyun?"

Whoa there. Joohyun? Seulgi used to call her by her real name and Irene was comfortable with it? Was that how close they were? Jealousy started to rise up in my body, but I tried my best to hide it. I decided to sit on the bench, while they were there, standing and talking in front of me. I just listened to what the two were saying. I guess this is what it feels like to be a third-wheeler...

"I'm fine!" Irene tapped on Seulgi's shoulder. "Look at you! Seulgi, you look so different!"

Seulgi punched her shoulder lightly. "And look at you. A very famous, very rich, and a very loved model!"

The two started laughing until they noticed me sitting down looking at them. "Well, it seems like the two of you have already met each other." I said, standing up. "Yah, Wendy! You could've told me the person you wanted me to meet was the one and only Irene Bae!" Seulgi said, with excitement in her eyes. I just shrugged and looked away.

The two continued talking and started to walk around the mall, with me walking behind them. A little girl walked up to them. "Miss Kang! May I have your autograph, please?"

"Yah, Seulgi! I didn't know you were popular!" I heard Irene whisper to Seulgi. Seulgi just chuckled and gave the little girl an autograph. I noticed that there were security guards around, blocking the paparazzi from getting close to us. I'm guessing they noticed Irene without bodyguards and there was a huge crowd of fans, so they played the role of her bodyguards for her. The little girl was lucky she was able to go through.

"Thank you unnie! I wanna grow up and become an actress like you!" and off the little girl went, back to her parents. We started walking again.

"Seulgi!" Irene poked her elbow. "I didn't know you were an actress! Aish, so many things I don't know about you!"

"Then maybe we should hang out more and learn new things about each other more, eh?" Seulgi waggled her eyebrows at Irene.

Oh god. I have never seen greasy Seulgi before. The two just laughed it off and were about to link arms until- Seungwan! What the hell, you have to do something! Irene's your future wife, you can't just let Seulgi flirt with her! I immediately realized and broke their linked arms. I tried to play it cool.

"Heyyy", I said trying to get in between them. "I'm here too! Let's all hang out together!" I looked at Irene and she gave me a cold stare. I wonder what that was for. I tried to smile back. "Yeah, yeah, whatever!" Seulgi laughed. Then the three of us entered a clothing store.