2

Wendy's POV:

We all walked into the formal dining room. The table is like one of those typical long tables you'd see in those dramas or movies, involving rich families. A chandelier dangles from the ceiling on top of the dining table. The maids have already set the food on the table.

"So, how's everyone?" My father asked as he looked at every single one of us.

The girl's mother responded with 'we're doing fine'. The other girl introduced herself as 'Yeri', turned out to be Irene's cousin. I thought they were siblings at first, but now that I look at them, they don't seem alike.

Then suddenly, the girl who caught my attention's father asked her if she's excited for the two of us to be together. Honestly, when he said that, I felt my spine shiver. The girl suddenly turned toward me. I suddenly got nervous all over again. "It will be very interesting." she locked her eyes on me, which made me look away in embarrassment. "Oh pardon me. I forgot to introduce myself." she stood from her chair.

My father gestured his hand like he's saying 'go on'. "My name is Bae Joohyun. But I prefer you call me 'Irene' for it is my nickname."
Damn. Her name suits her so much. I found myself staring at her again. However, she gave me a smile and sat instead of giving me that cold gaze. My face suddenly went red and I tried to hide myself.

"Wendy, what's wrong?" my stepmother asks me.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I said as I struggled to hide my red face. "I'm just... hungry."

"Well then, shall we eat?" my father asks.

We all started to eat and I couldn't stop looking at Irene from time to time. I bet she even noticed me looking at her. She might even think I'm her stalker or something. I focused on her face. Damn, god spent a lot of time on her. She is beautiful. Even her eyes...

Shit, her eyes.

I quickly looked away from her after staring at her eyes for a long time. Don't stare into her eyes for too long, Seungwan. You might fall for her. My entire family noticed how I was red again and asked me if I was alright. "Yeah, you know, uh, it's just getting hot in here." I pretended I was hot by fanning myself using my hand.

"Really? I'm fine." Na-Eun looked at me with a worried expression.

"Ah... nevermind it" I looked down and continued eating. I took a quick glance at my upper left where Irene was sitting and I noticed her looking at me with an expression I can't really explain, but she seemed concerned. I quickly looked down on my food and tried to focus on eating. Damn, she's really making it hard for me, huh.

•••

After what seemed like a whole eternity of me panicking because of Irene at the dinner table, we were finally done eating and decided to talk in the living room.

I sat beside Na-Eun while Irene and Yeri were sitting on the opposite couch. We were facing each other and I felt embarrassed. The parents sat on a different couch so it was like 'adult talk' between them only.

We shared basic info about ourselves. Yeri seemed like an out-going girl, on the other hand, Irene to me seemed shy, quiet, and cold. Irene didn't seem like she wanted to share about herself so Yeri did most of the talking for her.

"Irene unnie is 2 years older than you, Wendy!" Yeri started laughing. "Unnie, you can boss Wendy around, hahaha!"

"Aish!" Irene quickly gave a light slap on Yeri's thigh. "Don't say that!"

"But is Wendy really your name?" Yeri stopped laughing and looked at me.

"Uh.. it's just my nickname. My real name is Seungwan."

"Seungwan?" Yeri looked at me smiling widely and her eyes wide open. "Isn't that like... a boy's name?" She started laughing again. Damn, Yeri is actually pretty cool to hang around with, despite her being a crackhead.

"Y-Yeah, so just call me Wendy, if you don't wanna get slapped." I joked.

I was smiling at Yeri until I took a peek at Irene, sitting beside her, and I noticed her giving me a small smile. This time I didn't feel embarassed, just proud.

My father stood from the couch where all the adults were sitting, and walked to me. "Seungwan." I can sense Yeri smiling and crackling up again quietly.

"Seungwan, Irene."

"Yes?" Irene immediately stood. Damn, she's quick.

"You and Wendy will be sleeping together just this one night, alright? Just to get comfortable around each other..."

Before I could say anything Irene immediately said "Yes." I looked at her with my mouth open and looked back at my dad. "Irene, your parents are going home, would you like to say goodbye?"

"Yes please." There she goes walking toward her parents who were at the door. "Bye eomma. Appa." Then her parents left. I didn't realize Irene brought a backpack with her.

"Yo! Wendy! I'm staying here too!" I also realized that Yeri was still here. "Where do I sleep tonight?"

"You can sleep in the guest room beside my room." Na-eun smiled at Yeri. Then Yeri followed Na-eun upstairs, leaving Irene and I alone in the living room. Silence took over us...until Irene spoke up.
"Would you like to show me your room?" She looked at me. Shit, those eyes again...

"S-Sure..." The two of us walked up the staircase. Then we reached my room. My room was wide and it's not those types of rooms where it's decorated and such. Mine was just a plain room with furniture. We noticed it was getting dark and Irene asked if she could use the bathroom to wash up. I nodded my head and off she went. I closed the door and dim the lights a little and started changing in my room, without even thinking, because I was too tired. I removed my blazer and removed my top underneath it, revealing my abs.

I was about to put my clothing in the laundry basket when I suddenly heard the bathroom door open. I turned around in shock and saw the beautiful Irene looking at me with her eyes wide open, in her pajamas and her hair wet.

We stared at each other for a while and I couldn't move. Im topless and she can literally see my bra. djjddjdhdh ohhh myy goddd. The lights were dim so I hope she couldn't see me well...

She walked closer to me, slowly. I walked back until I felt my back pressed against the wall. I'M DOOMED. She's now in front of me leaning toward my face. UHH WHAT THE HELL IS SHE TRYNA DO? I felt her hand go through my hair and I flinched then she held my face with her right hand. Damn, her hand was so soft.

"Wendy," she whispered.

"Uh, I, uh, aHem, hmmm...?" OH MY GOD WHAT TYPE OF RESPONSE WAS THAT SEUNGWAN?!

"Hey...". She suddenly went near my lips. She went so close that we could almost feel our lips touching. OHHHH MYY GODD SHE'S MAKING ME SWEAT AND TURN INTO A TOMATO, WHAT IS SHE DOING TO ME??????

Irene kept looking down on my lips while I was there, back against the wall, and her leaning on me. "Wendy..."

"huh..?" I tried soooo hard to not budge, otherwise our lips would be touching.

"Where are the towels...?"

I close my eyes getting ready to be kissed- "wait, what?"

she chuckled. "Where are the towels?" She got off me and I let out a huge breath. "T-Towels?"

"Yeah, my hair is wet. I need a towel." she looked at me as if nothing happened. what. the. hell.

"Yeah, right, sorry." I rushed into the closet near the bathroom and handed her a towel. "Here."

"Thank you." She started drying her hair with it. I was staring again.. "Aren't you gonna put a top on?"

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I got carried away." I quickly rushed into my walk-in closet and changed there. As I got out, I went to my bed and apologized to Irene once more. She just smiled and tucked herself into my bed. I would feel embarassed or hot, but at that moment, I was so tired that I just fell asleep.