Chapter 37: The Dinner Party

Start from the beginning

"Yay!" Ryan cheers. "More Elijah."

They all look at her and Ryan's face grows redder than a beet.

"Sorry," she mutters and looks down, letting her hair hide her face.

Elijah smiles at her form and he looks around the Grill before he goes outside for some air; he had promised not ton care for another doppelgänger but Ryan wirh her quirky personality that reminds him of his family, he can't help but feel a pull toward her. A pull to care for her, to protect her.

He glances in the window and he watches as Ryan talks to Andie, even though he knows she likes Damon. It's obvious she's hurt by it but she keeps on a happy face to go along with her strong act. Elijah honors that, Ryan putting on a smiling mask to appease the others around her. Elijah frowns as he even thinks of the emotions underneath her mask, and he looks out onto the square.
<<<!>>>

Ryan goes to the tomb and sees Katherine fed and changed.

"Who came to see you?" Ryan asks.

"Damon," Katherine says. "He love me."

Ryan smirks and holds out her wrist. "Feed on me, but not too much. I have a dinner to cook."

Katherine grabs her arm and she bites into her wrist, not saying anything about Damon's plans to kill Elijah. If Ryan knows, Elijah will kill her. And for the first time since Katherine killed her elf and became a vampire, Katherine cared for the life of another and that person's life is Ryan Marie Gilbert-Saltzman's.
<<<!>>>

Ryan and Myra head to the boarding house a few hours prior to the dinner party to start cooking. Ryan is making some chicken as the meat, some good ole' poultry. Oddly, this is a recipe her mom taught her.

"Whay ingredients do we need?" Myra asks after she gushes over out beautiful the Salvatore's kitchen is.

Ryan writes all the ingredients down on paper Stefan keeps in the kitchen for Ryan and she hands it to Myra

Ryan writes all the ingredients down on paper Stefan keeps in the kitchen for Ryan and she hands it to Myra. Myra vamp speeds around the kitchen for the items as Damon strolls in. He pauses at the doorframe at ingredients mysteriously appear on the island. Myra finally stops.

"Hi ya, hottie." Myra greets.

"Hey," Damon greets. "Ryan."

Ryan nods in greeting and she goes to the stove. She preheats the oven amd she has Myra grab the aluminum foil. Myra does this and Ryan lines the baking sheet and she pushes ur to the side. Ryan toasts some bread to where it's beautifully golden on each side and she uses a four inch round cookie cutter her mom got her bone Christmas and she coats them and a half of a teaspoon of melted butter.