"Sounds good, I just wouldn't leave tools in the truck, not that anyone would steal it but still." The police side of Adam would feel comfortable with no valuables left just sitting on the street.

Adam and Xael were both excited. "Grams is going to flip when she learns about the patio going in. She's always talked about but it never got any further than that. I also need to look into getting signage for the front."

"Signage?"

Xael realized she never mentioned that she was changing the name. "The diner is going to be called Emma's"

"Nice, that's really thoughtful Xael. Grams is going to love it."

They made it into town and stopped at the apartment. First Adam helped Xael take the plants over to the diner and she helped him carry the ones he got for the station. Adam also checked on the guys since he was there. They said some of the ladies brought them lunch. Adam let them know they could head out.

With that done, Xael rearranged stuff in the back seat to make room for her pups while Adam closed up the station. Finished, he headed upstairs to the apartment to find Xael packing clothes into her pack.  Adam grabbed a duffle bag and joined her.

Clothes and toiletries and a clean set of towels, they all headed downstairs, the pups happy to be going somewhere.

Pulling up to the cabin her boys were itching to get out and run through the woods.   Doors open the pups took off.  Adam and Xael began unloading. Adam set the outside stuff on the deck to deal with tomorrow while Xael put the groceries away. Food put up, Xael placed the new dog beds by the couch. She helped him carry the beds and mattresses up to the loft area.  Adam got to work putting them together while she went to the kitchen to start on dinner. She decided on sandwiches since they were quick to make. Xael took the food upstairs where they ate.  They spent the rest of the early evening putting things in their place, hanging up clothes and taking stock of what all they had.

"We totally forgot to get a tv?"

Adam burst out laughing. "Yeah we did!"

Xael went to her Alpha for a hug. He could tell she was still stressed from attacking Strickland. She gave him a quick kiss then left to call in the pups for the night. They stopped at the door and she cleaned their paws, Xael also brushed them out really well. Leading them into the living room, she showed them their new beds, both wasted no time in getting comfortable.

Everything was pretty much done for the evening.  Adam was up in the loft finishing with the beds so Xael went to shower and call it a night. She realized she had forgotten window coverings also.  After the hot shower had relaxed her, she was ready for sleep.

Adam noticed the house had grown quiet. He walked downstairs to see the pups fast asleep then headed to the bedroom. Sure enough, his Mate was asleep as well. He showered, put on a pair of boxers and joined her. It was only a little after 8, so he was surprised that she had gone to bed so early.  Relaxing next to her, the new mattress felt amazing and extremely comfortable.  Checking his phone, he saw that the volume was turned down and had missed a call from Houser.  Adam figured he was calling to see how Xael was doing after her run in with Strickland.

He was right. Houser had been a little worried about her and Adam let him know she was asleep and seemed relatively okay. With the night wearing on, Adam curled up to his Mate, and went to sleep.

The Alpha woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee. Walking into the kitchen, Xael was already dressed and ready to get her day started. She was excited for all the new improvements she had planned for the diner.  Adam leaned against the counter as Xael immediately went into his arms, nuzzling his jawline again.