Amelia: Where it all started

Start from the beginning

I left that day but I didn't leave him. I knew his financial beings. Love has no limits and mine didn't. My sister forgave him and then I lured him in. A night a week of him loving me and me helping me. I Detroiter his business until he had to come to me. I paid him and he paid me with love all behind my sisters back. It went on for a whole year. A year of happiness for me and that was all I had ever wanted.

Until Serilda came along and I wanted him more. We were going to have a baby. I wanted a lot of Neil with me but taking the trip over another town to the countryside. Neil said we couldn't take the risk. We could be penniless. Joel would leave me. How would we raise Serena and the baby? He made me stay telling it wasn't the right time.

Celia came to know about the fortune Neil's had been making. I didn't feel threatened when she called me to spur out her anger. It was when she came to know about the baby that she burst out through my house in the middle of the day heavily pregnant. It was the first time I had seen anger burst into those eyes. She had held a knife against my throat and told me to stay away from her family and him. I felt the fear struck into me as I felt the trickle of blood flow down my neck.

The next day I knew she started sending away threatening letters in name of Serena, me, and my husband. Neil no longer picked my phone so when I visited this time to put an end to all this, they were all already gone. Neil left behind nothing. Their house was sold, the bar was gone. They just vanished.

Nothing left behind but this hatred inside of me for her. I wanted her to suffer but how could I do that when I even didn't know where she was.

That is why I hated Serilda when she was born with the eyes of her father but she looked so much like her. She was my daughter, my own blood made out of love but it made me want to hurt her. She was innocent, right? But then how could she bring pain to my heart every day. Why did seeing her hurt so much? She had those golden curls, that same smile everything was bearable but why did she have to have those eyes. I hated her all so ever because it felt like she was their's and not mine.

Did it make sense? For five years I had looked at her and all I saw was Neil and Celia. It was so hard to see myself in her. All I saw was them.

I decided to stop looking because nothing mattered now. Joel was suspecting things so I decided to play nice and become the pretty wife and mother even it hurt.

I cried out my heart as I watched the fire rage on higher and higher. This house was our escape once. Far into the woods, hidden from the outer world with no one to hear us for miles and miles. It was where he brought me and I had fallen in love more and more. He might have found this place but together we made it home. It was such a small cabin then but now he had built everything here.

His home, her home and their home

I had looked for him here but got nothing in return. This house wasn't here. This home wasn't here. He wasn't and neither was she.

But now it was. He had built his and their home upon ours.

He had ruined this but she was the one who ruined everything. Celia had ruined it and now I have ruined their family. I never wanted to do it but I had slipped.

They had come back here. She had come back here.

It was all her fault.

How dare she made that call? Who gave her the fucking courage to call Joel? She pretended to be me on the phone.

I could never forget how she had threatened me the last time.

Only if she hadn't done that everyone would have been alive. I had come to talk but the way she treated me, how he treated me I wanted to rip everything apart. When I showed him the photo of Serilda I didn't see the excitement in those eyes. I expected something. Some happiness. Some love but nothing. It was as if he disgusted me and her both.