Chapter 35

Serilda

I breathed in the air, taking in the same atmosphere I have had for last too many years. The moon was shunning bright all along with the stars. The twinkling lights of the city passed and all I could think that even this same old city felt as if it wasn't the same place where I had wandered aimlessly with unshed tears in my eyes. Everything felt as it was new, unique and still yet undiscovered by me. All I could feel that it the first time.

Looking through the window I watched the same neighbourhood with a new set of eyes clearly. The trees didn't haunt me with the memories of the past. Those long hours sitting outside his house for the glimpse of him didn't push through anymore because my heart was at peace knowing he was already all mine as I was his. It no longer felt to be done in vain. Maybe everything in my life had led me to this moment in my life, to this certain point where I was happy content, calm and relief. Where in a way I had everything.

The cab came to a halt and it felt like I was déjà vu. I had been here once before. Here in this moment but no longer inebriated. No longer lost and no longer in pain. It felt like my last visit was nothing more than the trailer of what my life was going to give me. The driver got to his work of unloading my bags from the trunk as I paid him.

The car left and my eyes didn't waver from the house in front of me. He was in there with no knowledge of me being here. I wasn't just giddy. It wasn't a damn zoo or butterflies in my stomach. It was more than that. I was for once in love with the right man and in the right time.

Were my steps too slow or too fast I didn't know. All I wanted was to be with him. To not lose another moment of us again as I had for the past many years. I rang the bell and waited with each second seeing to be like a minute and a minute seeming to be an hour. All it took was not more than a few seconds for him to open the door and after two and a half months of living alone and loving this man from far I was right there with him.

Aaron stood right there on the door looking at me. It was just like that day when I had come to him. The only difference was that I loved him with everything. Those eyes, those lips and that face had been all on my mind and heart. He was the man I had decided to love all my life. Seeing him was like homecoming and especially someone for me who hadn't known what home was from last so many years.

Looking at me with eyes and a smile over his lips I just felt him looking at my soul. There was this happiness that I could feel everywhere his eyes touched me. No words were spoken but I could hear everything he wanted to say. There weren't any ties holding me any longer not like the last time. My body no longer aching with deep longing for him. I pushed myself and with my hands on his face I kissed him with all of me.

My lips over his and his hands pulling me into him. There wasn't need of any words. All that was needed was our bodies doing the talking while our souls blend into each other. I felt a new kind of high, a wave of calmness and ecstasy washing over me in the same moment.

"Serilda," the whisper of my name in between our kisses was pure ecstasy for me. It made me feel like I was floating in heaven. All I could feel was him around me, on me and within my soul.

"I love you so much," those words were whispered but for me they were loud enough for everyone in the world to hear. His lips trailed down my jaw onto my neck and for once in my life I let myself loose. I let myself get lost into what I was feeling with him.

Goosebumps marred my skin from the pleasure I felt. It was so much more than what I had ever felt. It was as if he was undoing. His hands were on my skin but it felt like they were touching my soul. They we're wrapping me, grabbing me and caressing me so beautifully that everything was becoming overwhelming in a way that I didn't want to let go. My neck arched as his lips trailed down my neck over my shoulders and my grip over his hair tightened.