Chapter 16

Serilda

I waited for him to come, to him to bring his storm to me. I wanted to see that angry monster that I had seen yesterday. He had hurt me, caught me at my weakest but not anymore. I was high on love and with my shields down but he had reminded me why should I always have my walls up every time. He had taught me once again that why I had hated him so much, taught me not to be weak in front of him anymore. He was a parasite who lived on my tears and fears. I knew would have been sitting on a high horse looking down at me after yesterday but I was going to make him fall today right here and now. I knew my sister would have informed him soon. Jealousy was green monster that could take everyone down, make people do things that they wouldn't think of.

She had the best kind of love with Nathaniel, could have the bets of life with him but no she wouldn't have loved that. She would have called Erik and put her claws inside of him. She wasn't ever letting go, Erik. This way at least he would be saved from falling into the pits of hurt and betrayals that my sister would bring in his life.

"What's gotten into you?" Kelly's question gained my attention and I turned around in my seat and looked at her. She was, as usual, doing her evening chores as I sat on the island stool sipping my favorite wine. Wine, was my medicine for today, my courage for the what had to come and my company for the time being. I looked utterly beautiful with my hair falling free at my shoulders, smoky eyes going well with my little black dress which would be a beautiful piece for my dramatics and the high heeled jimmy choos.

"Nothing," I replied to her with a dazzling smile. She eyed me for a moment and then went back to doing her work.

People would call me crazy for what I was going to do and doing. I was fine with it because they didn't know what it is like to be broken and hurt as me. All the limits those people had been broken for me. So, me being crazy was just fine by me. I loved it.

Evening has fallen and I knew my darling husband would be home soon so I refilled my glass and asked Kelly for another bottle of wine pleasantly. To my surprise, she got it for me. She had been the witness to what had happened yesterday and she has gone a bit soft on me after my incidence. I couldn't undo what has happened but I was glad at last she was seeing the true colors of this house.

My red coated lips touched the glass and I saw him standing there seething in anger. I smirked at this as I sipped my wine.

Let it begin.

"What the fuck did you say to Serena?" he raged out with his tie loose and hand enclosing in a fist. His voice so loud that it made Kelly jump up in fear.

"Leave, Kelly," I told her while my eyes were set on him.

"Leave," I said again when I didn't hear her move.

"Go, Kelly. I assure you wouldn't love to see what is coming to this woman," Erik's words were laced with venom. Kelly left at once and I chuckled.

"Scared that she will come to know the truth?" I mocked.

"Why the fuck did you say those things to Serena? Why you fucking even went there?" He demanded while slapping the glass away from my hand making it crash on the floor. It shattered into pieces the same way my life had done once.

"Did your poor lover got hurt?" I mocked. "Of course, she did that is why she came crying to you, didn't she?" I took the bottle this time and drank straight from it.

"Tell me how did it feel hearing her voice after such a long time? You felt love once again I bet. Was she crying because I would have loved to see her crying?" Every word of mine was hitting him making the monster rise in him.

"Do you know that we are going to her wedding? I RSVP that we were coming. You really thought that tearing that invitation will make the wedding disappear and end. Poor you, she isn't marrying you but someone else. She would be saying I do to someone else, walking down the aisle for someone else and not for you. Pity isn't it and yet you come here to fight her battles. Has she always been this coward sending you to fight for her? Pathetic that you do so much for her and she still sent you a card for her wedding and even dared to call you. Poor, poor Erik," He took away my bottle and threw it behind my back. I heard it crashing and breaking but didn't turn around to look at it. He wanted to see fear.