15; Catch My Breath

🕸;

   Peter jumped into Wades arms as soon as he had left the room, he needed the comfort. His face buried deep into the scarred neck. The teary cheeks against his skin were cold, and sticky. The touch sent a chill down Wade's spine. He pulled his love close, allowing him to cry against his skin.  Wade hated hearing those sobs, his heart ached with every shake, every gasp for air. It hurt seeing Peter hurt. It hurt knowing the world wouldn't stop kicking.

The spider pulled away, clawing at his tender cheeks. He didn't want to cry. He didn't want his eyes to leak. He didn't want the tears to dampen his cheeks. He didn't want his lover to have to hold him like this. Still, Peter had found comfort in his tight grasp, drawing a slight calm through him.

For a long time he stayed silent, staring into warm blue eyes. Wade's scarred hand found his cheek, swiping away the cold tears. The simple touch brought a content sigh from cotton candy lips. Peters hand found the scarred one, feeling the body heat melt his icy skin. A smile twinkled over his face and he brought himself closer, closer, closer.

" Are you ready to tell me what happened?" Wade offered hopefully, receiving a lazy nod from Pete. He soothingly rubbed the boys back and pressed a kiss against his temple. " Good, I'm all ears spider butt."

" Lets go to our room? I don't want anyone else to know, Pop thinks nobody knows Dad is unfaithful." Peter smiled against the soft kiss, his small hand slipped into the mercs hand. He tugged his love behind him, guiding him towards their room. Of course, they weren't supposed to share but Pete put up a big fight. He always put up a fight when it was about Wade. " Close the door?"

Wade watched his spider sit on the edge of the bed, and he shut the  door behind them. He sat beside his small love a small frown on his face. He was glad Peter was getting some sleep, but they both still looked like hell. It was a wonder, Wade thought, how that boy still looks like that and hell all at once. Pete pushed his head onto his lovers shoulder, caramel eyes squeezing shut momentarily. His spider sense had been off the charts lately, light sensitivity was a bitch and he felt as cold as dead. 

" It's no secret, to you that Dad cheated on Pops. You were the first person I told but um.." Peter rubbed his face and sucked in a deep breath. " He hasn't stopped. He isnt doing it with Doctor strange anymore but he found someone else and Pop still isn't leaving."

[ I hope some villian just wipes Tony out, he doesn't deserve his husband or Peter. He CHOSE this family, how could he fucking throw them away.]

[ He's a perfectionist and a control freak. Peter and Steve weren't perfect in his eyes anymore so he's going for someone else. ]

[ Ding ding the witch is dead-]

[ Don't let Peter hear you say that.]

" Why would- Peter, why would he stay?"  Wade shook his head in frustration, but he knew why. Steve had put his entire self into that relationship, and he had invested all this time for what? A waste? It couldn't have been, and the saddest part was Steve felt trapped. Trapped because he was born in a time where you didn't divorce. No ifs ands or buts, you didn't divorce, and when you did? You were thrown away like moldy bread. " Doesn't he know he deserves better?"

No. He doesn't. 

" I tried to tell him but he won't.." The small boy laid on the bed with a irritated groan. " I just want him to be happy, you know? A long time ago I remember Pops being happy- hell so was dad, tired but happy..But now?"

" Do you think He's using Cap for publicity?"

" What?"

" I mean, what would happen if the public smelled a divorce?" Wade hummed, brows furrowed. " I know that is fucking bullshit but would it really be a stretch? Didn't he make Steve sign a contract?"

Peter stared at Wade with wide doe eyes, he had this look. The same look a kid had the first time their mom said fuck in front of them. It was something Pete must not have none about and any small glint of happiness drained from their face. 

" You didn't know?" Wade reached for him, watching the small boy flinch at the slight brush against his sleeve. 

" No..No.." Peter quickly shook his head, tears welling in his honeydew eyes. His soft voice rumbled, a lump forming in his throat. " Who..Um, who told you?"

" Nat, she was ranting about a bunch of stuff. Mostly in Russian. I only caught a little but it made her feel better anyway. I shouldn't have said anything like that, I thought you knew." Wade mumbled, silently beating himself up. Good fucking job, loud mouth. You ever think for a moment? 

" No, I really appreciate it."

" How long has your sensory been acting up? " Wade blurted, careful to cup his soft cheek. His brows knitted and his green blue eyes slipping along his features. So much emotion held in his face.

" Since I stopped sleeping, my body is on autopilot right now. It wasn't bad until recently." Pete shrugged, tilting into his touch, taking in a deep breath. " I love you, you know that?"

" Yeah, I know." The merc laid down beside him, kissing his soft cheeks. Wade pulled the small boy to his large body. " Next time, tell me please?"

" About my sensory?" Peter mumbled, looking up at his handsome mate. Slowly he nodded and relaxed against his warm body. " Yeah, yeah, next time I'll tell you."

Wade kindly asked Friday to dim the light for Peter, and they fell silent for a long time. Pete allowed his eyes to slip shut and his breath evened out. He was so close to sleep, but too far to really fall. After a moment of trying, and failing, he turned to go face to face with Wade.

" Wade?"

" Yes, Petey-Pie?"

" Did I tell you you looked beautiful today?" He asked, cupping his cheeks with a tired smile. It was true, Peter thought he looked like an angel.

" No. No I don't think you did." Wade didn't let his voice crack. He didn't let those words affect him on the outside but he couldn't help the way he felt. The whole world was telling him he was ugly but Peter? Peter saw something pretty and it was always hard to breathe after he said something like that.

" You look very beautiful. I'm lucky to have you in my life." He sighed happily, a small pout spilling over his pink lips. " I hope we can get married soon.."

Me too.

♡ ; ♡

.· '𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆'¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·' (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* *¨)