35; Are We Doomed

━━♡⌒*゚

As they stood in the middle of the room, Peter's body felt fuzzy. A mix of the sound they use on Amber Alerts and the fuzzy static that comes from an old T.V. when the antenna is broken in half. His back was pressed up against Wade's and every breath was deep and shaky.

Wade kept the katanna in his hand close, eyes rolling around their little home. Hope. He had felt so much hope. for the first time in his life he had started to feel peace. Now the good feelings crumbled up like a fragile piece of paper. Sharp edges curled into itself and it started to deteriorate.

Eeks and creaks deep within their little town all clouded Peter's ears at once, there was so much going on. He could hear it all. Every whisper, every step, a tree falling deep within the forest miles and miles away from their town. He couldn't bear it.

What would happen right now if he let his guard down?

It was like every time he reached for something he wanted, he had to pull back because other people would suffer. His whole life. Time, after time, after time. What was the meaning of that? Was he destined for pain and suffering; or just dumb enough to fall into a trap?

" Just breathe," Wade's voice cooed, oh so gently, and he turned his head slightly to look at the man of his dreams. " We'll get out of this. We always figure things out."

Peter nodded in response, and let air enter his tight lungs. Deep breaths, he reminded himself.

" What if we get separated..?" The spider whispered right back, eyes staring to burn with tears.

He couldn't bare being away from Wade again; he'd do anything to protect him. Scratch his own eyes out, burn for eternity, and even, leave Wade if things got too unsafe. Was it, he wondered.

Wade didn't respond to his question, almost like he hadn't thought about it. It was too terrible.

A tingle etched into his spine and rolled all over his nerves, there was something getting closer. Peter flinched slightly as a sound started to inch eerily closer. It hurt his head, the cold, tight scream. Dark booms that rumbled the floor.

Something was coming.

Three booms rocked the house, and as the door tore open, Peter was ready to fight. Mjolnir slammed right down at his feet, and he sighed happily. His eyes lipped up to watch his uncle Thor approaching...

" Uncle Thor, I've missed you so much! Oh my god, I can't tell you how happy i am to see..." Peter started, but something was off.

Thor was stalking closer, and his face was painted with pure anger. He stepped back as tingles ran all along his body, hair standing up on ends. Wade pushed Peter behind himself like he was a human shield and his hand tightened around the katana.

" hello, youngling." The god growled; his voice rattling in Peter's ear.

As he stalked closer and closer a familiar smell wafted into his nose and he gagged, gripping onto Wade. He pushed his face into scarred skin and tried to breathe in his scent, to wash over the stench. Peter knew that smell well; it was the toxic chemicals that drive him to madness.

" Don't breathe in," Wade warned his lover, wincing when he heard a crash of thunder. Mjolnir crashed through their roof and snapped into his big hand, the god inching closer.

Peter put his shirt over his nose and tried to act calm, watching the clunky, uneven movements from his uncle. His eyes glowed a dark green and he growled roughly, flinging Mjolnir at the mercenary in front of him. His jaw clenched as he inched closer and closer...

The gods weapon crashed into his scarred body, and cracks and pops rolled throughout his body. With a light wheeze Wade found himself falling back, the katana rolling out of his hand. Peter caught his big body before he could topple over. 

He thought as fast as he could; his webs thwhipped through the tense air and smacked against Thor's face, and hands, pinning him against the cabin walls. Peter shot as many webs as he could to keep Mjolnir down and took in deep, shaky breaths. Anxiety skyrocketed deep inside him as he grabbed their cat and carried them both out of their home. 

Why was it that this always happened?  There home would be in ruins, their lives in shambles, and they'd have to be on the run all over again. Not to mention how long they'd have to wait somewhere, waiting for Wade to heal. It didn't matter anymore. Mjolnir was forged by the breath of the gods and as good as his lovers healing factor was; he'd take a long time to recover. 

Lightning flickered in the deep night and cold air bit and scratched at their skin. Peter didn't remember Wade being this heavy, but he was dead weight right now. It would be impossible to swing away when the small town had no large buildings.

" Please, please wake up.." Peter choked as his hands wrapped tighter around the love of his life, warm tears melting his cold, rosey cheeks. Every time Wade got hurt like this he worried that maybe, just maybe, this was the time he wouldn't come back. " You can't leave me, you can't leave-"

It wasn't until he sat them both down behind the restaurant Wade worked at that he realized he was completely and utterly alone. Peter had lost his parents, his dogs, his home, his friends, and now his uncles. He pressed his back against the brick wall and glared up at the grey sky, holding back his painful tears. There was so much pressure in his face; like someone had punched into it repeatedly ad he wondered if he should just let his tears go.

He had been strong for long enough, right?

♡ ; ♡

.· '𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆'¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·' (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* *¨)