10; Hell On Earth

🕷; 🕸

" Do you believe in ghosts?"

There was a harsh silence after Peter released the smooth words, big brown eyes staring up at Wade longingly. If anyone would understand it would be Wade Winston Wilson. His hands groped the blood-stained hoodie, trying to lure the words from his fiance. He wanted more than anything for his lover to say yes, even if he didn't mean it, even if it was to humor him.

Peter needed a break from all this pain, a small victory. Wade opened his mouth. He froze there for a long time, trying to grapple at any kind of real answer. Did he believe in ghosts? Yeah but, where was Peter going? Finally, he answered: " What?"

[ Ghosts? Peter doesn't believe in ghosts..]

Maybe he knows we see Vanessa sometimes.

[ Good fucking job you idiots. We're too much crazy for him. We've reached peak insanity and he doesn't want us anymore!]

"Do...Do you.." Peter swallowed the harsh pain in his throat and tried to push all of these thoughts together to make one sentence. Just one sentence that makes sense, it's all he needs. Pete finally looked up with a sigh. " Do you believe your past can haunt you?"

" Yes, baby, of course, I do." Wade hummed. His arm was wrapped tightly around his waist, very gently guiding him onto his lap. He leaned down to press a kiss against his temple. " What is this about?"

Peter became eerily aware of the eyes, everyone's eyes on him. They stared into him like they were attempting to unravel his skin and find the problem. He could feel them. Peter could feel their eyes, it lifted the hair on the back of his neck, and cast a flame to his nerves. He felt like an animal behind a cage, step right up, and see the human train-wreck! You've never seen anything more disturbing the Peter Benjamin Parker ladies and gentleman!

He sighed, shaking his head with a sigh. The spider shoved his face into his fiance's scarred neck. Peter attempted to burrow himself inside his body, hide under his arms. He hated the way they looked at him. Like he was insane. He wasn't crazy. Their eyes were burning his skin, paining his every inch. Pete was ready to scream out, cry for them to stop looking. It was like a car crash, you wanted to pull your eyes off of it but you couldn't.

Peter felt like the victim with third-degree burns, gasping for air, knowing full well everyone was watching him behind thick windows as they wheeled him into the ambulance. He felt a shift against his lover, Wade was carrying him away. Far away?

Wade laid him against his small mattress, sitting down beside his love with a hum. He watched Peter grasped for him, begging for some kind of touch. Slowly, the merc laid beside him, an arm looped carefully around his hips. The small boy pushed his body closer into the touch with a sigh, long lashes fluttering.

" Why did you ask me about ghosts?"

" Have you ever seen one?"

" I think so.." Wade swallowed, running his fingers through his hair. Peter's voice sounded so odd, like every drop of emotion was coated in his words, all in the same, without a single emotion. It was so odd, so soft.. " Why?"

" I thought I was going crazy." Pete mumbled, pushing himself closer. He breathed in Wade's scent, small hands clinging to his soft shirt, staying close.

" And you came to me?" The merc giggled, his brow cocked as he gazed down at his lover. Wade watched as those doe eyes met blue orbs innocently, a very soft smile springing across his face. " You know I hear voices, right?"

" How are White and Yellow?" Peter whispered, pressing his forehead against the male's chin. His heart warmed at the simple kiss against his flesh. It caused him to grin.

[ Good! Thanks for asking, handsome.]

[ I'm ready to put a bullet in our fucking head.]

" They're okay, just like they always are. How are you?"

" I'm..I don't like it here." Pete spoke flatly as he gazed at his fiance. 

" I know.."

" But it's because I'm not okay again.." Peter's head fell, eyes squeezing shut for a long moment. He sucked in a deep breath, shaking his head. " I'm sorry. We were suuposed to be married this year."

" I don't need to marry you until you are ready, Peter."

Peter looked up at him for a long time, before inching forward to find his lips. Wade hesitated to kiss back. He was gentle as possible, lips moving against Peter's allowing him to take the lead. The small boy wrapped his legs around wide hips, pulling him closer as he pulled back. His cold hands slipped under the thin white shirt to rest against boiling hot skin, allowing his eyes to spill shut.

He was tired. Peter finally drifted off, and Wade stayed up all night to make sure nobody came. He wouldn't sleep until everything was okay again. It was no joke. He meant it. 

♡ ; ♡

.· '𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆'¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·' (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* *¨)