Alex J. Williamson

Alex didn't have many role models growing up, but he did have a twin brother; and although they were the same age, his brother always seemed like he was his older brother from the outside. Alex always looked up to his brother, but how long can he be a hero? 

His brother was always celebrated for his amazing feats anywhere from athletics to education. Alex's parents didn't take long to pick who the star of the family was. They hoped to push Alex to be like his brother, which confused Alex, was he not as good or talented as his brother? Role models weren't on the bingo board for Alex, hopefully, the spotlight can move away from center stage.

After a few competitive years of high school, Alex joined the IJA youth program recommendation test along with his brother, who was heavily sought after by many other programs made to excel the next child prodigy. Anywhere from Chess to Boxing careers could have been the outcome for the twin, but a higher challenge interested him more. 

Alex, however, had no expectations or high hopes for his future. He just envisioned a decent life, something that would make him proud of himself, and maybe something that would get his family's recognition. The shade can burn just as much as the sun. Would becoming an agent of justice get him the recognition that he yearned for?

But now, standing here frozen as if the film malfunctioned, that vision seemed like nothing more than an afterthought. The mark of the beast left Alex blinded, unable to see his own shadow. Instead, the sizzling brand placed on his heart created a new and unrecognizable monster. 

With little to no care for what once drove him, instead, it felt like laying flat in an ocean of blood. The heavy red waves deafened him, but maybe this position wasn't so bad, was it? Hedonism seemed like a more attractive partner than the divine purpose of recognition.

The smell of construction, commerce, and garbage made a perfect cocktail for the senses, it was something the students of group one were accustomed to within their two weeks on this assignment

The smell of construction, commerce, and garbage made a perfect cocktail for the senses, it was something the students of group one were accustomed to within their two weeks on this assignment. Occasionally, the strong smell of freshly home fried foods would often overwhelm the natural cologne of the illustrious location, such as the food stand that Yuki and Alex found themselves at on this bright Saturday morning. This had been the energy they've been running off of lately, not quite what they would hope for, but with the accessibility, it was the most obvious selection.

"What—you kids again, what y'all want this time?"

"I'll have a hotdog." Yuki said.

"Hm? The usual then, I'm guessing?"

"Well—" Yuki paused, and glanced over at Alex, looking for confirmation for the usual order, but only saw him lost like he was stuck in a dark cave.

What happened to him?, Yuki thought, then continued "—just make that two."

"Alright, the usual it is." The man said as he began to place two hotdogs on a frier within his food stand.

"What's up with you?" Yuki asked Alex.