Preference #35 Night calls.

Beau- You had a terrible day so you texted Beau earlier in the evening, and told him you were in a bad mood and just wanted sleep. He understood, and allowed you some space deciding to not text you the rest of the night. You fell asleep quickly after getting home, cuddled into your bed with the sheets acting as a cocoon around your body. You heard your phone start to ring and you thought it was an alarm so you quickly shot up. You looked down to see Beau's contact name. "Babe? Is everything alright?" You asked him. "Yeah, everythings great don't worry. I just wanted to call you, and say that I missed talking to you tonight. I missed sharing my day with you, it just didn't feel right. I love you- I'm sorry you had a bad day. I just wanted to call and say that I can't wait for you to vent to me tomorrow. Sleep well, and call me when you're okay to talk." You smile sweetly. "That means so much, I'll come over first thing in the morning and bring coffee and bagels. Love you, sleep tight." you added.

Jai-  You always had problems with falling asleep without Jai beside you. It’s like your body knows that there is something missing and waits for it. But tonight he’s not coming home. Jai is out of town with the boys. You tried your best to fall asleep alone. Every sleeping position you know, every hint your mother gave you when you were younger, every place you could sleep (bed, sofa, etc.) was tested and nothing helps you. It’s 2 a.m and you sat alone in bed, hugging a pillow with a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and your mobile phone in the other. Should you call him? Of course, he said you can call him at any hour. It doesn’t take long time till you hear his voice, quiet, whispering, but awake. “Hey, love. What’s wrong? Isn't it like 2 in the morning?” You put the pillow away, not feeling so alone anymore. “Nothing. I’m just… I can’t fall asleep. But why are you asking me what time it is, your's isn't better. Like 4 or 5, isn’t it?” He doesn’t answer for a few moments, but then there is a door-closing-sound. “Jai?” “Sorry. Luke is sleeping. Apparently he snores louder if there is noise in the room. So I’m sitting in front of the door to speak to you without these annoying sounds in the backround. Yeah, it’s quarter to five, but it’s hard to fall asleep alone.” You take a deep breath, trying hard not to cry, because you know how he hates to hear you cry. “I miss you.”, you whisper, taking a sip of your hot chocolate. “Miss you, too (Y/N). But it’s not long till I’m back.” It is his way of cheering you up; talking all night long with you about nearly everything.

Luke- You hear him laughing. “Luke, that wasn’t even the slightest bit funny.” You’re glad he can’t see your smile and the way you try your best to avoid laughing out loud. “It was. I know you have to laugh too.” He told you one of the stupidest jokes you’ve ever heard, but it seems like those are the best. “Alriiight, that was my last one for tonight. So, tell me, how was your day?” It’s kind of weird that he’s asking that, because you saw him in the morning. But nonetheless you tell him every little thing of your day. Your order being completely wrong at lunch, stuff about work, the weather. In  return he tells you his day. It’s almost like a tradition, when you both can’t fall asleep. “I miss you. You should be here by my side.” He sighs. “You’re 10 minutes away, Luke. But no, stay home. It’s too late. We’ll have breakfast tomorrow in that little cafe you like.” Sure, you’d like to have him near you, cuddle with him, kissing him, but it’s late and you’re both tired. “Sounds good. But first, I’ll tell you another joke Beau told me today.” You’re already laughing, while he tries to tell without a mistake.

James-  It was nearly 2 a.m  and you were asleep, that is until your phone vibrating on your nightstand woke you up. You sigh and try to roll over to go back to sleep, assuming it’s just a text, but it keeps vibrating. You pick it up and see your boyfriend James is calling. “Whaaat?” You groan, running your fingers through the knots in your hair, still damp from your shower before bed. “Hey (Y/N), are you awake?” You roll your eyes. James can be somewhat of a dumbass sometimes, but he is your dumbass. “I am now.” “Okay, I know it’s late but I couldn’t sleep. I mean this is the first night being back home, I know I’ll see you tomorrow, but I’ve had too many sleepless nights away from you. Can I come over?” He asks after his little speech. “Jaaaames, I look like hell.” you groan again. "I highly doubt that- I'm sure you look beautiful, but if  you're so worried about it I'll just stop by and grab some food on the way. It'll give you time." You laughed softly with a roll of your eyes,"Fine.." After about forty five minutes, you had your hair in a bun and a more than happy James was at your doorstep with some of your favorite late night fast foods.

Daniel-  Dizzy and not really awake, or ready to be awake, you pick up the phone. “Hello?” “Hey (Y/N)! How are you? How is your sleep?” Daniel's voice shouts in your ear. It’s like he has waited the whole evening to call you till you’re asleep. “Are you kidding me? Daniel, please tell me it’s something important.” Starring in the dark and not knowing if this is a dream, you hear him answer: “Can’t a boyfriend call his lovely girlfriend, if he misses her? I think that’s very important.” You fall back into the pillows, hearing some of the boys laughing in the backround while Daniel told them to be quiet. “It’s a prank, right? It is.” “Well, it was supposed to be one. Clever you.” he says cheekily. You look at your alarm clock. 3 a.m. “I swear to god, Daniel, if you’ve called me for nothing more than to have a nice laugh, I’ll call you every night at this time from now on.” “Oh no, love, sorry. Well, I miss you. Really.” Even if he wakes you up in the middle of the night, you can’t stay mad at him for long. “Your luck that I love you. So, babe, how are you?” You roll over on your other side, while Daniel tells you about literally every minute of his day. It’s kind of cute how he tries to sound masculine and adult-like while beeing excited like a little kid. He speaks till you’re asleep again, before ending the call with a simple “I love you”.