Preference #42 One of them doesn't like you.

Jai- You and Jai were going on your fifth month of dating and everything was going perfectly except one thing. For whatever reason, James didn't like you. You loved James. He was sweet, respectful and considerate to everyone. Well, everyone besides you. You walked into the kitchen to find James leaning against the counter, "Where's Jai, aren't you guys filming today?" you asked sweetly, and James just shrugged. "Well, is he in here?" you asked, a little more frustrated. James shrugged again. "Alright- or, be rude," you said, looking in the bathroom. You turned around and saw James giving you a rude look. "What's your problem?" you asked as you raised a brow, putting your hands on your hips. "What's yours?" he asked, and you shook your head. "You're the one who treats me like dirt whenever I come around. I speak highly of you" you responded, and James looked away. "Cool, great talk," you said, turning to leave. "You ignored the invite to my cousin's baby shower. Thought you'd like to go, Gina was going. You didn't even respond.." he said, and you looked confused. "I didn't get invited. I wasn't expecting anything, I thought you didn't like me," you said quietly. "I sent you an invitation in the mail," he said, turning to you. "I never got it." you said, shaking your head slowly. James smiled and you laughed. A month later, the invite turned up, and you took a picture and sent it to James.

Beau- You walked into Beau's apartment and saw Daniel sitting on the couch. "Awkward..," you whispered, slipping your shoes off. Beau was having people over, and you thought you were really early- but not early enough to beat Daniel. He turned and glared at you. "Hi.." you said quietly with a small wave as he sighed. Daniel had never liked you. You didn't know why, or what caused his distaste, but he never even got to know you before deciding on not liking you. Beau walked out and, oblivious to the tension and gave you a quick kiss. "Hi babe, take a seat on the couch. I'll be right back" he said, returning to his room. You awkwardly sat at the other end of the couch. You could feel Daniel's stare and you had had enough. "What is your fucking problem?" you snapped, bringing your attention to him. "What?" he asked shortly. "You know what. You're an ass every time I speak to you" you said, crossing your arms. Daniel huffed. "Well that's fine Daniel, but I am not going anywhere so you better get used to me" you said, rolling your eyes. "I just didn't think you wanted to get to know me" Daniel said, and you turned your head to him. "Why..?" you asked, softening up. "I don't know, I just didn't think you did. I think you're a cool girl, but I thought you didn't like me," he said, and you sighed. "I would like to get to know you." you said, nodding your head. He smiled, and you two spent the whole night chatting, thankful that the tension was gone.

Luke- You were at a party with Luke and the other boys. You had spent the whole night latched to Luke, but decided to go off and get another drink. You walked towards the kitchen and saw Beau and James talking and turned around quickly. You weren't going over there if Beau was there, you didn't need the stress. Beau would always take jabs at you, insulting you, making jokes, and hurting your feelings. "(Y/N)!" you heard James call, and your shoulders dropped. "Shit..." you whispered to yourself, and you turned. "Hi" you smiled brightly. James waved and Beau was smirking. You walked over and grabbed a drink. "How're you doing?" James asked, and gave you a side hug. "Pretty okay, how are you?" you asked, smiling. "Better before you got here." Beau laughed. You were fed up. "My life was better before you were in it too, Beau" you quickly responded, going to walk away. "Woah woah woah.." he said, taking your wrist. James slipped past you and stood in the doorway, close enough to step in but far enough to give you privacy. "Is there something wrong here?" Beau asked, unaware of what you meant, and you turned your head. "You know I'm only joking right? I am just being sarcastic," Beau said, and you looked at the floor. "Well, you still hurt my feelings sometimes.. " you said, quietly. "(Y/N), you should have told me. I love you to death! I wouldn't be rude to my brother's girlfriend on purpose," he said, pulling you into a hug. You felt so much better knowing he was just kidding around. He made sure to be a little more gentle with you, and you eventually got used to him joking.

Daniel- You were planning a double date for you and Daniel. You were hoping to have Jai and his girlfriend over for drinks and a movie. It all sounded good, except for that Jai did not like you- which sucked, because his girlfriend was one of your bestfriends. For some reason, he always ignored you and seemed to want nothing to do with you. When you would try and strike conversation with him, he was always quiet. You were hoping maybe this would make it better. You cleaned your apartment top to bottom and just as you finished the kitchen, they showed up. His girlfriend ran up to you, hugging you immediately. Knowing Jai was next made you nervous, but Daniel held your waist as he walked in. "Hi Jai.." you said cheerily, and he nodded at you. "Hey, Daniel!" he smiled as he passed Daniel, and you shook your head. "Jai, can you come here for a second?" you asked, and he followed you as you walked into the spare room. "So what's the problem between us?" you asked, shutting the door. He looked down and you saw a side of Jai your rarely saw. "I just get shy around you.." he said quietly. Jai Brooks? Shy? "Well, you shouldn't be. I'm a nice girl. I just thought you didn't like me," you trailed off, and Jai shook his head. "No, I think you're cool!" he said, smiling. "Well good, maybe we can try and not have you be so quiet around me? I know you're hilarious.." you smiled, and he nodded. The rest of the night Jai cracked jokes with you, and you two ended up hanging out the most.

James- You were out to eat with James, Jai and Luke. You were eating quietly as the boys talked. You always felt like you couldn't speak with Luke around. You felt he always made you look stupid. Everytime you would speak, he would roll his eyes or groan. He made it quite clear he did not like you. You sat silently, and James turned to you. "How's your food?" he asked, smiling sympathetically. He could tell you were uncomfortable. "It's good. A bit spicy, but it's all really good," and you could hear Luke groan from across the table. "Seriously?" you asked, and he looked at you. You never commented on his rudeness, but you were sick of it. James looked at you and Jai stared down at his food. "What, am I not allowed to complain about my food, Luke?" you asked again, and he glared at you. "Whatever" Luke said, and you shook your head. "No, I've dealt with your shit too long. What's your problem?" you asked, not letting him get away with it. He sat silently, and you glared at him. "I suppose I'm jealous.." he whispered, to which you raised a brow. "Jealous?" you asked. "Well I mean, James and I were really close while he was single. We spent a lot of time going out to bars and hitting on girls. Then you came into the picture and he doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore," Luke said really quietly, and you nodded, understanding what he meant. "Well, I have a really pretty friend who I'm sure would love to meet you" you smiled, and Luke smiled at his plate. You ended up setting the two up and, though it didn't work out, Luke liked you a lot better because of how understanding you were.