Chapter 24

"I was expecting some dramatic turn away." - T. Swift

Spade was absent today.

Marissa explained to me that Spade and the otehr members of the pack have some meeting. There was something that stirred the territiry in chaos for a scent was sniffed near the border. We got in the classroom just to see that it was still half-empty.

Marissa and I sat on our own chairs and leaned towards each other, "What's the problem?" I asked in a hushed voice.

Marissa frowned, "I think it has something to do with rogues."

"Rogues? What does that mean?"

She scratched her cheek and clucked her tongue, "Rogues are kind of werewolves that completely lost their humanity side and let their inner wolf to rein their body."

My brows ceased deeper, "I don't understand."

She sighed, "It is like the human is already dead and the only one functioning is their inner beast. Without the human's sane mind, the wolf is uncontrollable having the result of causing havoc in humans or werewolves community."

"So, they are like out of their minds?" I asked.

"Mmmm, yes."

"Alexa.." Marissa uttered.

"Yeah?" I ushered back and watched as she played with her fingers on her lap while looking down.

"Once, I almost lost control of my wolf." she exclaimed and took a deep breath beofre continuing. "I wanted to give her my whole body to control. I wanted her to be the one to get my mind off my mate."

"But, there's something that is pulling me back." she said. "I don't know, but there's this thin line of thread that keeps me frowm giving in to my wolf."

"What do you think it is?" I asked.

She closed her eyes for a few seconds, "Maybe my family?"

"I think they are the reason or someone is pulling you out." I uttered and thought of the photo that I saw at the Russel's house.

"What do you mean?" she asked and stared at me with confusion.

My smile widened forcibly, "Nothing."

She nodded her head and contiuned playing with her fingers. Honestly, she looked so gloomy today.

"Good afternoon, class."

"Starting today, a new teacher will be working as my substitute." she exclaimed earning some frowns and smiles from my classmates, "As you can all see, I am pregnant and will be going on a maternity leave."

Some students groaned that made me smile. Because those who did was the one who kept on pestering Mrs. Callie every now and them. They sound like as though they didn't want Mrs. Callie to leave.

"By the way, he is already here so he'll keep tabs on everyone." Mrs. Callie explained making me frown, "And please don't do anything reckless." she continued and glared at the guys. "Good bye now."

Mrs. Callie walked out and after a few moment of silence. A tall muscular man withdark blue jeans and black polo shirt came in. He was wearing glasses that made him look calm and cool. Sophisticated even. Who was he? I thought and stared at him conciously.