Chapter 23

"I'm lucky we're in love in every way." - Json Mraz

Even when we already stopped in front of the house, I was still trying my best to decipher what I just found out. Was Ethan still alive? I hope so but if he was, where was he? Why did he kept hiding all these years or was the words in that photo was fke? What if someone in the family just wrote it thinking that Ethan was still alive. But who would do that? Really Alexa, that's all you could come up with? I thought and mentally slapped myself.

"Alexandria."

"Uh." I mumbled and blinked when Spade brokeout of my thoughts, "Sorry, what were you saying?"

He sighed, "I want to know if something is troubling you."

I smiled and shook my head, "Nothing. Just a bunch of thoughts."

"What thoughts?"

My smile widened in a forced manner as I gave him  a normal look. "Oh you know, just stuff. Like what should I prepare for dinner tonight or whatnot."

He nodded but he was still eyeing me carefully, "Very well. I will go now." he uttered, kissed my cheek, and turned around.

Not knowing what to do. I grabbed his arm to stop him from walking towards his car. He cocked his head and stared under his thick long lashes that cupped his blue eyes perfectly.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head, "Please stay."

He smiled, grabbed my hand and led me out of the car. He closed the door and stared at me, "What do you want to do?"

I bit my lower lip and think of what we should do but since I don't really have a single clue on why I stopped him from going home, I just led him inside the house and up the stairs.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard Eric's voice.

"Alexa!" he shouted. "Use condoms okay?" he added making my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"Fudge you Eric! Fudge you." I yelled back earning a chickle from Spade, and continue towards my room but not to before hearing Eric's laugh.

"Woah." he breathed when he got in and instantly sat at the foot of my bed, "Your brother sure do love to make other people feel so awkward."

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me about it."

He chuckled when he sawmy reaction and patted the empty side besides him. I closed the door and sat on the bed. His eyes were staring at me and I could not help but smile at what he was doing. What was he? Ogling at me? I sogtlylaughed at the way of my thoughts were going to.

"So, do you want us to lay here and stay quiet or are you going to tell me what's bothering you?" he instantky asked.

He sighed when I ignored his question and grabbed my hand and drew soft circles at the back of my palm.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it," he exclaimed, "But please don't look like that, its bothering me to see you so fallen and confused."

My breath hitched in my throat, "I-I ..." I paused, "I just don;t know what to do anymore or what to believe anymore." I ushered.

"You don't have to do anything, just be you." he answered smoothly. "There's nothing wrong in  believeing, just make sure that whatever results happen in the end, you'll still be open-minded to other people's opinion."