Chapter 19

"Baby you're my addiction." - Mr. Perfection

The class ended without me learning anything. Maybe because it was the fact that my mind was jumbled up of thoughts in how and why should I confront Marissa. Not typically confront but asking questions in a nice way at least. I grabbed my bag, sat at the bench far from the other students, and stared blankly at the pages of my notebook. A frown slipped in my face as I blinked back of my mind. I did not have much sleep last night, and the truth is that I was up earlier than I normally was, was also frustrating.

I shrugged my shoulders in a comfortable way and waited Marissa to come out. Minutes later, she walked out of the building and saw me sitting on the bench. I tapped te bench and motioned for her to come forward and sit beside me. She nods her head and instantly sat.

"What is it?" she asked.

My head whipped to stare at her frowning face, "What do you mean?"

She clucked her tongue, "Spade told me that you wanted to speak to me."

I nodded my head, "I want to tell this as soon as possible because it bothers me .... a lot."

She stared at me, "Go on. I want to hear it."

A lumped lodged in my throat, "What kind of relationship did you have with Eric?"

She closed her eyes for a few seconds before looking away, "Nothing, your brother, Eric and I have no relationship."

My eyes narrowed, "What do you mean by that?" I whispered. "I found out that Eric should actually be dead, whereas when I asked Spade, he told me to ask you. As far as I know, your answer does not help me in anyway."

She gulped and the thing had not gone unnoticed in my smoldering gaze, "Nothing. There is really nothing. Besides they may have confused him for someone else."

"Why are you lying to me?" Ichoked making her head snapped up to meet mine. "Why aren't you telling me the truth? I can see the doubt, distress, and the guilt on your Marissa. You are a bad liar."

She stared at me. Awe and what seems like ages, she broke into sobs. I moved closer and patted her back, gulping closed her into a hug. A few seconds, she pulled away a little and frowned when she saw my face.

"You are so strong."she uttered, "I am envious of you."

I bit my lower lip, "I am not." I paused, "I am not strong like what you think. I have my own insecurities, problems and denials in life. There are also times whereas I felt so weak, a coward, that I am afraid I might break myself."

She slighty nodded her head, "Do you really want to know my story Alexa?"

I smiled, "I won't force you, after hearing your cries, I feel so pathetic for shoving whatever I was thinking for you must be out of my mind to do that to a friend."

She took a deep breath, "But I want to." she said and looke me in the eyes and smiled. "You are my friend, you deserve to know everything mostly when it concerns.. " she stopped and looked at the ground.

"Is it really him?" I asked.

She shook her head, "I don't know but they look so much alike." she breathed, "So much that I felt as though my heart cracking into two."

A tear fell from her right eye onto the ground. I took her hand and gave her a reassuring squeeze, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I-I won't ask anymore."