Chapter 13

"Oh, yes the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." - Rafiki

It seems hours had passed when he finally pulled away. My breathing becoming faster and deeper as I tried to keep my rapidly beating heart come nack to its normal state.

His eyes darkens to a shade of darker blue as his eyes crossed mine, "I have to go."

My brow furrowed as I looked at him, bewildered, "But,"I paused, "I am not done talking to you, yet.."

"I know," he nod his head. "I promised we'll continue this later." he exclaimed and kiss my forehead before sprinting out of the kitchen.

His scent lingers on the air as my fingers slowly trails the marks on my swollen lips. That kiss was enchanting, fabulous and amazing but the way he said my name was a lot sexier. My eyes closed as I savor the feeling of his soft warm lips on mine a while ago while the way he announced that I am his mate keeps on erupting butterflies in my stomach.

He left though. He left after instantly telling me that I was his mate.

"He's good, wasn't he?" a voice urupted me out of my trance.

My eyes instantly shot open as it fell on a pair of big blue eyes that seems to twinkle in every minute that counts. Her eyes calculating my every move that I felt like crawling back to the room I was in a go and wish to never go down. But if I dif, I also that it will take long for Spade to tell me the truth unless I get to ask or he gets the confidence on telling me himself.

I looked away as I shuffled uncomfortably where I stood, "Mind telling me what you mean?"

She softly giggled, "That was wrong. I mean to ask, if he's a good kisser?"

My eyes blinked as my hands itch to grab something- anything, "I think so." I fainally answered as my cheeks slightly flamed.

The utensils looked fun to touch for it had great small markings that was really hard to understand. "Do you like him?"

My body froze at what she asked. Do I like him? I know I did.

But am I ready to face it and tell him? No, I'm not.

"That's a funny question." I said with a short laugh, "I am asking myself the same thing."

A few seconds have passes until she finally responded, "Do you think he likes you too?"

Does he like me or is it just the bond that was getting him so affecionate and close? If ever the bond wan't there in the first place, would we still get to be close friends? Or notice me in a crowd? I hope so.

"I don't know."

Soft sound of heels clicked the ground as my eyes stayed fixed on the utensils, "You are falling for him."

My eyes instantly closed. "Yes .."

"Yet here you are, being left alone by Spade to dealt with your own thoughts and questions," she muttered.

My fluttered open as I looked at her,"I hope you don't mind me asking but what do you mean that I am Spade's mate?"

Her eyes twinkled as she stepped closer," Simple..." she paused. "You wo't be a good Lu-"

"There you are!" someone hastily interrupted.

I frowned and looked behind the woman named Jewel, "Marissa."

She gave me a beaming smile before her eyes fell on Jewel in front of me. "Jewel, what are you doing here?" she asked.

Jewel turned around as they make eye-contact, "Just asking some questions."

Marissa's eyes narrowed into slits as she gacve Jewel a suspicious look. "Can you please leave the two of us?"

Jewel let out a smilr then walk out of the room with er silent steps. Marissa quickly walk near me and enveloped me into a tight hug as if she didn't saw me a while agi. She pulled away and gave me a cheeky smile once again.

"Where did Spade go?" I asked.

She frowned. "His father asked for him."

I lick my lower lip as it felt dry, "Oh.."

"What did the two of you talked about?" Marissa softly asked as her eyes stared at mine.

I bit my lower lip, "Who?"

She sighed, "Jewel. The woman before."

"I nodded my head, "She just asked if I like it here." I smoothly lied. 

My teeth gritted as I struggled not to tell her the truth for I, myself, don't know the answer. Whatever happens, I would rather find the real reason by myfself than let others worry for me. I would ask Spade after I did not get the answer to what sge was to say about before Marissa interrupted us.

"What did you say?" Marissa asked as her left brow arched.

I smiled, "That I like it here... so far."

Marissa's smile widened as she put her arms around me and gave me a tight-crushing hug once again.

Spade's Point Of View

His eyes glued to mine as I slightly bowed, "Alpha."

"Look at me, son." he finally uttered with an authority.

I looked up and crossed gazes with the Alpha."Is there something wrong?"

His eyes flickered to the documents in front of him then back to me, "I heard that you have found your mate."

A smile instantly formed in my lips as I remembered Alexandria and our kiss, "Yeah."

The Alpha smiled, "Can you show her at the dinner tonight?"

I stared at the Alpha with happiness, "I can?"

He laughed, "Of course," then clears his throat. "Your mom will kill me if she didn't get to meet the girl."

A sigh left my lips, "I thought there's something important that you wanted to talk about."

His eyes instantly shifted back to its normal state. The Alpha one that gets to business no matter what. It seemed that I have just opened a conversation that was about to driff off from his mind.

"There is," he said in a forbidding tone.

My brows furrowed, "There is?"

He nodded his head, "I got a call form the other pack across ours that there's a rogue who slipped from their hands."

I swallowed, "That's easy, we can send some pack memb-"

"That's not easy Spade," he cut off. "This rogue has a name for being deadly and a silent killer."

"Who is this rogue?" I asked even though I'm already forming a conclusion for who is it was in my head.

The Alpha, my father, frowned as his eyes shifted to his wolf's eye color. "Ryan Collins."

 A/N: Please..... Don't forget to Vote, Fan and Comment. I beg of you.

Btw, do you like the new cover? Comment belooooow :) - Sofia