Chapter 12

I"I don't regret any of the decisions I've made in my life. Because with every choice I've made, I've learned something new." -Ariana Grande

"This does not look a very good idea anymore." I whispered while staring at the stars.

He deeply chuckled and squeezed my hand, "Trust me on this."

I took a deep breath as he slowly guided me down the stairs. My hear racing. My throat dry. Everything like in slow motion but it was actually the normal speed. I could not help but fee doubt in every step I took. Questions popped in my mind like bubbles even though there was nothing I could answer to. 

We were already in the kitchen when the voices quiten down and suddenly stared at the two os us. I shifted uncomfortably where I stood while looking down at the ground.

"Alexa?" a voice that I was familiar exclaimed. "Is that you?"

"Yes." Spade responded. "This is Alexandria, Marissa."

"Oh my goodness!" Marissa suddenly shrieked as a pair of warm arms enveloped me into a tight-crushing hug.

Marissa? W-what was she doing here?

"W-what?" I stuttered as I slowly lifted my head to look at her.

Her black eyes crossed  gazes with mine as her dimple turned visible. She was giving me a full brown smile that kept me calm and quite happy but at this moment, all I felt was something I could not point out.

"You are a werewolf?" I asked.

Her shinning eyes turned dull, "So Spade already told you." she said not as a question but a statement.

I nodded my head as I looked at the wall behind her. "He did."

"Why are the two of you holding hands?" A feminine voice asked.

My eyes fell on a woman who have black hair, big blue eyes and a skin like a porcelain doll. She was beautiful that I know if we ever get to a competition on who was a real beauty, she will be the winner and me the loser. 

"Hi," I mumbled shyly.

The girl's frowned deepened as she stared at me, "You didn't answer my question." she uttered and stared at Spade. "Why are you holding hands with this girl?"

My head hung in shame, "Stop it, Jewel." Spade growled.

What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

"Why not?" she said cockily but it turned out sweet, "I am just asking. I thought you already told her about us."

I blinked as Spade's hand squeezed mine once again. "About us, the werewolves but not about the ..."

The girl's melodic laughter reached my ears, "Really? I never thought that you will have a mate like her."

My eyes gazed towards our linked hands then towards Spade. His aw was slack and hard as his eyes dilated towards the woman.

Mate.

"Spade?"

Spade's eyes turned to me as it narrowed the got back to its normal state. "Yes love?"

"Can I ask you something?" I mumbled undr my breath. "i mean, the two of us."

His eyes held confusion as it stared at me then he barked a loud command, "Leave." he whispered through the air as footsteps quickly scattered away from the kitchen.