Boring but Needed Errands

Start from the beginning

Chris and Eli just looked at her. They had thought of starting their own thing numerous times, hearing it from her, it sounded awesome.   Xael offered to be their first customer.  After they finished with the windows she wanted to cover the patio area at the diner similiar to the one they were sitting under.  Speaking of the diner, she told them that she was now the owner of it.

Both of the males howled out of happiness, drawing the attention of everyone but they didn't care. Now with a plan and ambitious possibilities, Chris and Eli let her know they would come out tomorrow and measure for windows and check out the space next to the dinner. Xael also let them know that her Uncle and cousin were in the city also for a couple of weeks.

Lunch finished, Xael hugged her brothers again, the trio getting stares from the other patrons as they now knew they were Wolfen.

Eli let her know they would text when they were on their way. Leaving the restaurant, Xael went right to the farm store to get the canning supplies. While she was there, she saw some pet food containers that had gamma lids on them and they were cheap. She picked up 5 of 30lb ones, those could be used for longer term storage. Jeep fully loaded, she wanted to get home.

{I'm on my way home hon}

{K, drive carefully}

{Mn}

Looking up from his desk, Adam noticed that Beau didn't look that great.

"Beau? You feeling okay?"

"No, but I'll be fine."

"No no no. Why don't you head on home. I got things here today. You get some rest."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, get outta here. You look like shit."

"Uhh, I feel like it too. Thanks man."

"Yup."

Alone in the station, Adam called up to the tribal office. He had some questions now that he was about to become Sheriff.

"Hello Skylar!"

"Sorry Mr. Hunt, It's Shado."

"Oh! Shado, sorry about that. Congratulations on the promotion!"

"Thank you, do you have a couple of minutes, I have a question for you."

"Sure fire away."

"I was wanting to know since we are now down one officer how open the council would be to me hiring two more."

"Hmm, that depends. We really try to hire officers with experience, not rookies."

"These aren't rookies, they each have more than five years experience."

"I see, well, we do need to replace you now that you've moved up to Sheriff. Let me talk to the council, we may be able to make it work. I'll get back with you in about a week, we're pretty backed up with council matters."

"Not a problem.  Thank you so much for your time Mr. Hunt."

"Oh! Before I let you go we had a Michael Houser meet with us. He applied for residency and put you and Skylar down as a reference"

"Good! He's a good man, almost like a second dad.  He's the police Chief from my old unit.  All of the guys from my old squad really respect him."

"That's good to know. Thank Adam."

Task complete, Adam began straightening up the station a bit, when the door chime sounded. Turning around he saw it was Houser.

"Hey Chief! How'd the meeting go?"