Error x Distorted Memory Reader

Requested by AquariaWolfie. I still barely know anything about the distorted memory thing but I tried.

"GeT bAcK hErE," Error yelled as he went from universe to universe to chase down Ink. Though during the chase going from place to place was using up his magic and he ended in a place he'd never been, a place he didn't even know existed.

'Where the hell is this,' he thought as he glanced around the strange looking universe. The walls and floor appeared to be portals almost, different places and people were shown in each.

It looked like a place Ink would make, but it didn't really seem to be a new Au, more of just a random void if anything. Besides it didn't seem like anyone was there, well that's what it seemed.

"Error, what are you doing here," a female voice asked from behind him. He shot around at the woman calling his name, how did she know his name.

She had light grey skin with dark grey hair with a (f/c) streak on her bangs. Her eyes slightly resembled Killer's.

"HoW dO YoU kNoW mY nAmE," he snapped. "Calm down, it's part of my job to know," she responded gently.

"WhAt aRe YoU tAlKiNg AbOuT," he asked confused and irritated. "You know what a memory protector does," she asked, he shook his head.

"Well it's just like the name says, I monitor and protect every living creatures memories, their core memories mainly," she explained.

"GrEaT aNoThEr GuArDiAn," he growled. "By another I'm guessing you mean Ink, trust me I'm nothing like him," she said immediately grabbing his attention.

"YoU kNoW iNk," he asked. "Like I said every living creature, I know you, Ink, Dream, Nightmare. Even others like classic Sans or Fell," she said.

"See, here look," she said pointing to one of the weird areas on the floor. It looked to be Error, some of his oldest memories, ones he'd like to forget.

"Not many good memories huh," she said sadly. "It FeElS lIkE nOne At AlL," he responded watching himself in the portal.

"Well I wish I could help, but I think you should be getting to Underswap," she said confusing him once again.

She pointed to another spot that showed Ink talking to Blue in Snowdin. "WhY hElP mE, oBvIoUsLy YoU kNoW tHe ThInGs I'vE dOnE," he asked.

"Don't question it, you deserve it after everything you've been through," she responded.

"I'm Y/n by the way," she said before waving goodbye to him. He slightly smiled and waved back before he was gone.

Sure enough she was right, Ink was in Underswap with Blue, without her that would've taken him forever to find them.

He had to thank her, even if it was something he'd normally be against but she knew his bad past and all the wrong he's done and still chose to help him.

He really didn't know how to get back, he ended up there by accident but after almost an hour of going place to place he finally ended up back in her domain.

"Heh, welcome back Error," she greeted, once again surprising him. "Oh hey, Y/n you said right," he asked, she nodded.

"Thank you, you know for helping me find Ink the other day," he thanked, making his voice stop glitching as to make it easy to understand him, "no problem, happy to help," she responded.

"So what exactly is this place," he asked. "Well it's a void of sorts I guess, it goes on almost forever since there's so many different universes," she began.

"There's really no way to really organize the place, the memories make themselves known to me as they occur, it's kinda confusing."

"That...is pretty confusing, but cool too," he said looking around at the portals. "It's cool I guess, but it's also tough sometimes, you have to watch people's pain and heartache and can't do a thing about it," she said sadly.

"I can imagine that could be hard to watch," he said, "well, it's a real good feeling to see those people make good memories too, you know that they have something good to look back on," she added.

"Well then my whole life must be one long bad memory," he said coldly. "You may think that, but I can tell that some day soon it's gonna change, I can feel it," she said hopefully. "I hope you're right."

"Now you already know so much about me, how about you tell me about you," he said. "Well what's there to say, this is my life, it's my purpose," she responded.

"Come on, I know there's more than that," he prodded. "Heh, alright," she said finally giving in.

She told him about how she'd wanted to explore the others Aus and other worlds, she didn't have the magic abilities to leave though.

He offered to take her to some of them, which she quickly accepted, luckily she already knew alot about each Au due to her time spent monitoring the inhabitants of each.

Over time it was proved that she was right about his life changing, and it was all due to her.

As the weeks went on more and more happy memories appeared to her, each one from the times they spent together.

Those hangout sessions and trips to Aus soon turned into dates and cuddle sessions instead, she absolutely loved rewatching those memories.

Then there was that one memory that she still remember clearly without using the portals.

It had been almost three years since the two had met and later began dating, they were on a date in Outertale, one of her favorite Aus.

Error had been so fidgety all day and she had no clue why, he never acted like this. What was he planning, was he trying to break up with her and just let her down easy or something else.

She wasn't sure but her mind assumed her first thought, when I reality that was far from the true answer.

That night they were sitting underneath the stars, though she couldn't enjoy it, her mind had ruined that day.

"Hey Y/n, I...need to tell you something," he said turning towards her.

Yep that was it, he was just trying to make it hurt less, she let him speak regardless of her want to leave.

"I can't thank you enough for the good memories you've given me, and I love that they remind me of just how much you mean to me"

He stood up and grabbed her hand to have her stand too...before he kneeled back down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his jacket pocket.

"It couldn't make me happier than knowing we could spend our entire lives making more, always having good times to look back on."

"That being said, would you make me the happiest man in the multiverse and become my bride," he barely got the last word out before she had her arms around him.

"Of course Error," was all she could say as he stood back up lifting her up slightly off the ground.

Looking back on that memory made her feel like it had just happened and always made her smile like an idiot.

"Are you looking at our old memories again," Error asked her sitting down next to her. "Yeah, I am," she simply said still watching the proposal.

"You like watching yourself fall for me all over again huh," he asked kissing her cheek. "Hey I didn't fall for you, you tripped me...but yeah I do," she responded.

"Don't blame you, I like watching them too," he said, "so what is your favorite memory," she asked.

"Y/n, my favorite memory was the day I met you."