Gentle Nightmare x Corrupted! Skeleton! Reader

Requested by Wolfie9753

"Don't try to stop me Dream."

"Y/n listen to me. It's not worth it."

"I lost the only person I cared about, why not, I have nothing to lose."

He ran at me as I grabbed one of the black apples. I took a bite and fell to the ground in pain. My bones became coated in a dark slimy mess while several tentacles grew on my back. Once I regained my balance I stood back up. A monster.

That day, that day I gave up everything I had to lose. Just to understand him, why he did what he did, it was worth it.

I didn't have anything back home. After Nightmare left at least. Now I was a powerful, terrifying creature of darkness. With my newfound form came magic, well stronger magic than I had before. Allowing me to go from universe to universe to destroy every soul who tried to stop me.

Dream tried often to help me, get the old me back, but she was gone, for good. She was too gullible, too nice, too weak. Nothing like the mess of ink and negativity I was now.

Jumping from au to au terrifying people was so much fun, and the best entertainment a girl could get.

Yet one I found called Horrortale, was different. Each au had a Sans,  yet mine had two. And Horrortale Sans was a lot less scared and more confused at seeing me.

"Are you from Dreamtale," he asked without even batting and eyesocket. "Why do you care," I hissed back. "Do you know Nightmare," he saw my intimidating expression fall. "You know where he is," I asked. He nodded.

"Take me to him... please," I said against my pride. He nodded again and motioned for me to follow him. And with a quick teleportation we were in front of a large black castle.

"I see why he left Dreamtale. This is awesome," I said admiring the architecture. We walked inside, me still awestruck at the castle.

"Alright this is the throne room. Good luck with him," he said walking off. "...thank you," I said quietly.

I opened the doors to a room with black walls, a dark purple rug leading to a dark blue and black throne.  He really was living like a king.

"Nightmare," I yelled catching his attention. He looked surprised. "Wha- you're corrupted too," he said in shock. I nodded.

"Did you eat one of the apples," I nodded again. "I figured people would have learned from my mistake," he said teleporting in front of me.

"Dream tried to stop me. But I had no reason to stay," I explained. "And I wouldn't call it a mistake. I'm stronger, more intimidating, I'm respected now," I finished.

"That's what I originally thought too. It doesn't last. It gets lonely and with everyone scared of you, well there's no one to turn to."

"I was already alone, nothing's changed for me," I said. "I wasn't, but I let the negativity pull me from her," he said sadly.

"I know," he looked up at me confused again. "And yeah it hurt. It drove me to do this to myself, but my life's been better, more interesting."

"Y/n," he said stepping closer to me. "Good to see you again Night," I responded. "Y/n, no. Why did you-no," he said while pulling me into a hug.

I flinched, it's been so long since someone's touched me, at least outside of a fight. "This is my fault. If I hadn't left this wouldn't have happened," he said. He truly was sorry, you could hear the regret in his voice.

"No, it's not. This was my choice," I said. "Still, the pain of the transformation, this form is permanent, you can't go back," he added.

"I know Nightmare. I know what I've done. Honestly I'm just glad to see you again," I said while he let me go, now looking more at my new form.

"This isn't how it should've been. You deserve to be back home in Dreamtale, happy and living a normal life," he said. "Nightmare, listen to me," I said getting his full attention.

"I wasn't happy. Not after you left. You were the one person I cared about. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Sure I may have changed my entire life, but what's done is done."

"I'm sorry," he said looking down. "No I'm sorry, I can see your guilt, you have nothing to be sorry for," using a tentacle to have him look back at me.

"Now, enough about me, how have you been doing," I said trying to change the subject. "Oh uh well, I'm kinda the king of nightmares I guess," he began. He then went onto explain about his team and battling the Star Sanses and some other things.

I explained how I was going from universe to universe using my newer types of magic, and how I found Horror and he led me to where I was.

"So you haven't had anywhere to stay since you left home," he asked once I finished. "Not really, haven't really thought much about that though," I replied.

"You could stay here. It would be nice to have you around again too," he offered. "that sounds perfect Night."

"Thank you," I said kissing his cheekbone. He tensed up but once he regained composure he wrapped his tentacles around me pulling me into his lap.

"Of course darling. It's the least I could do. I'm so happy to have you back. I promise I won't leave you ever again."