Chapter 6: Lost Girls

Start from the beginning

"You said you would explain everything," Elena says, getting straight to the point. "That's why I asked you to meet me here. When you google vampire, you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?"

"I can tell you whatever you wanna know," Stefan tells her.

"I know you eat garlic," Elena says.

"Yes," Stefan says.

"And somehow, sunlight's not an issue."

The waitress returns with a tray. "Hi, here are your drinks." She gives Elena water and Stefan coffee before leaving after Elena thanks her.

"We have rings that protect us," Stefan informs her.

"Crucifixes?"

"Decorative."

"Holy water?"

"Drinkable."

"Mirrors?"

"Myth."

Elena looks at him. "You said you don't kill to survive."

"Animal keeps me alive, but not as strong as Damon,"Stefan replies. "He can be very powerful."

"And yet you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena asks with a scowl.

"Forcing Damon not to do something is much more dangerous, believe me," Stefan says.

"He was hurting her!" Elena exclaims.

"He was feeding on her," Stefan says. "He was able to take her memories of ever being bitten using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her. If he wanted to kill her, he would have."

"Is that supposed to lose it okay?" Elena scoffs.

"No.. no, none of this is okay, Elena," Stefan says. "I know that."

"Are there any others, aside from you and Damon?" Elena questions.

"Not in Mystic Falls;" Stefan replies, "not anymore."

Elena rises an eyebrow. "Not anymore?"

"There was a time when this town was... very much aware vampires, and it didn't end well for anybody," Stefan explains. "That's why it's important that you don't tell anyone."

"I can't promise that," Elena says.

"Elena..." Stefan looks down before looking at her again. "Give me today. I will answer any questions that you have, and when it's over, you can decide for yourself what you wanna do with what you know. It'll be your choice."
<><><><><>

Elena is now driving her car through the woods until Stefan tells her to stop.

"What are we doing here?" Elena asks as they get out of her car.

"I want to show you something," Stefan says.

"In the middle of nowhere?" Elena asks.