Chapter 36

Dear Nobody,

Here's the bombshell.

We're moving again—

—and it bothers me.

The reason it bothers me more than it should've is that I'm leaving behind some of the most wonderful friends a girl could have ever made.

It's weird, isn't it? How someone can mean so much to you in such a short time.

I can't believe Malik and I are even cool for the slightest bit. He came off too strong—too blunt. Too everything. But that's the best part about him. He isn't afraid to speak his mind. To be himself. To be authentic.

Malik's gonna be okay at the end. I'm certain of that. He isn't his father's shadow. He's not a bad guy. I hope that he can realize that sooner than later.

Lola, the rainbow of the group. She's such a happy soul. Her free spirit always radiating off of her. Oh yeah, her laughter never ceases to amaze me. How can I forget that?

Hakeem, ahh that boy. He's become a brother to me. I'm gonna miss him the most.

Kat's nurturing attribute and dope creativity will take her far places. Who's gonna give me fashion tips that I don't care about?

Despite Bre's quietness, her observant self, and dramatic nature (which don't go well but Bre makes it work) I'm going to miss those about her.

I'm going to miss them all.

Even Raymond.

Shh. Promise you won't expose me Paper and Pen. Promise me th-

"Ready or not, here we come," A voice called, causing me to fumble with my pen.

The thought of being caught in such a vulnerable moment where I was able to express myself wholeheartedly made my heart pound.

I looked around for the closest place to hide my journal only to end up putting it under a lamp.

Not the best place, I know.

My brain kinda glitches under pressure.

That was the least of my problems. Right now, I was too concerned with my friends—I don't even know if they still considered me as their friend, seeing the way I disrespected them.

Anyways, too late. They were all already in my soon to be old room, making themselves comfortable. Malik reached into his pocket, taking out a brown paper bag. Inside that paper bag was a bottle of sunset rum. He then handed each of us mini red cups.

Malik filled everyone's cup with the rum except Kat's and Hakeem's. Instead, he poured them some water. A slight whiff of the drink was enough to make my head spin. I gulped it down with one shot, ignoring the startled looks I was getting from everyone. The harsh taste from the alcohol was shitty enough for me to shiver. No wonder I wasn't a fan of drinking. My chest burned and I felt dazy.

Already.

I pushed my cup into Malik's chest for a refill. He did so, this time diluting it with some ice, water, and some squeezed key lime.

"Don't look at me like that. We need a designated driver and Kat doesn't consume alcohol," Malik explained to an annoyed Hakeem. "Also, I want us to get wasted since it's our last night together, but at this rate Rayya's going i'm terrified."

"Smartass," Hakeem hissed. "How did you get that?"

Malik threw Hakeem a sly smirk. "I have my ways. Urgh, fine I didn't steal it if that's what your asking."