Chapter 16

If only our eyes saw souls instead of bodies, how different our ideals of beauty would be-Tumblr.

Hakeem

ONE WORD.

Ten letters.

Can you guess what that is?

Give it a try. I will tell you at the end anyway. I promise. It is something we all fall into; every single one of us. It is inviting and enjoyable while you're caught up in it, but the aftermath always ends up being dreadful.

I have fallen into that one word, ten letters far too many times just by looking at her. Cannot blame me though, she is quite the view.

But that's not what drawn me closer to her. Her personality did.

Damn, that gum smacking lips of hers was enough to get under my skin in both the right and wrong ways. How did she manage to do that?

Don't even ask. I'm as clueless as you are. She gets annoying every time she blows a bubble, but I'd rather hear those bubbles popping than to not hear her at all. At least I know she's still there.

When you're thinking hard enough you don't get the chance to notice the most obvious things until it's actually done.

Like when I was pulled into an empty classroom. Everything happened so quickly. I was pushed against the wall with the most delicate hands I'd ever felt. Okay, I've felt those hands before.

They just never connected with anything else other than my hands. She pressed her lips on mine and I automatically melted into her kiss with eyes closed. The kiss was so familiar yet so foreign at the same time.

Her kiss was familiar because I've dreamt about kissing her like this countless times. Familiar because I've imagined what those puffy, soft lips on mine would feel like and boy did they feel and taste better than they did in my dreams.

Foreign, because it was a dream and dreams and imaginations are not real. Never have my lips literally made contact with her until now and I wouldn't trade this for any dream even if it lasted for less than a minute.

I pulled her away to see if it was really who I thought it was even though I already knew who she was but I  wanted to be sure that I was not imagining things like I usually do. My breath got stuck somewhere in my windpipe and my lungs. My mouth went drier than sandpaper.

This was real!

Like for a while there I forgot the simplest things; things that I would just do without having to think or concentrate on how it's supposed to be done.

Example: I forgot how to fucking breathe. My brain for some reason couldn't process anything for those few seconds that felt like minutes too long.

How was it possible for someone to get that much effect out of someone?

How was it possible that she got that much effect out of me?

Lola.

She's the one that has me falling into that one word, ten letters all over again.

"Don't you wanna kiss me?" she twirled the gum that was once in her mouth on her finger.

Disgusting yet so tantalizing.

Even behind those sunglasses that Lola refused to take off, I knew her eyes were taunting. Her beautiful smile was dangerous, her voice teasing, her lips inviting and her personality intriguing. God surely took his time on her. I sucked in some air to breathe again.