Chapter 13

Dedicated to AudreyEve ❤️

I DON'T THINK THAT I WILL ever get used to the fact that Bre talked, because even this morning when she fell in step with me the first thing she told me was, "I just saw the new guy with the beautiful blue eyes pull up to the parking lot with Ray. He fricking goes to our school! The school that I attend. Wait until I-"

Her words were coming fast and filled with utmost excitement and I kinda toned her out a bit. Witnessing girls panties on the verge of dropping because my brother was one thing, but actually listening to them fantasize about him was beyond nauseating.

"Hello," I sang to her, waving a hand in front of her face, and then putting my books into my locker. "I have blue eyes too!"

"But he is just beautiful."

"Wow, I'm offended."

A look formed on her face, staring down at me as if I was preposterous. I matched the look she gave me.

The feeling is mutual my friend.

"Do you want to be my sister in law?"

Placing a finger on my lips, I just stood there, watching her tall frame. Like I stood there long enough to notice that her eyebrows were flawless. Really and truthfully, her eyebrows were just too good for her own good.

I also stared long enough to notice that she was actually serious, and because of that, I laughed.

Wow, my brother made the mute talk.

Bre snapped her fingers in my face a few times but stopped mid-way in the air. My eyebrows knitted in confusion, curious to see what made Bre turned into a pillar of salt for that split second but I should have known.

When my eyes landed on the person, I chuckled.

"His eyes are even more beautiful up close. I can get lost in them, and oh my gosh he has freckles too. And a dimple. And his hair! I wanna make his babies. Like today. Forget school," she quickly ranted before he was close enough.

Immediately when Chris stopped to me, he stooped lower to kiss my cheek and did the same to Bre but barely crouching.

Her hands flew to her cheek. "I will NEVER wash this side of my face EVER again."

Again I found myself chuckling in amusement.

Whenever she was mute she never was interested in anything or anyone. It's like she was in her own little world, surrounded by her own thoughts and imaginations. It was weird seeing her this way.

All dramatic and talking!

Chris threw her his crooked left-sided grin and she was gone. Completely speechless and she's been like that for the rest of the day.

Mute!