Chapter 37

AT LEAST MY MIND was at ease as I took a nap at the airport since my friends and I were now on good pages again. They had slept over and drove with us at the crack of dawn to wish me farewell. The farewell lasted long enough for us to cry and laugh and reminisce and make promises.

Even while dozing off, I couldn't help but smile at those last-minute memories. Although I had a serious hangover, I would've done everything from yesterday exactly the same.

Simultaneously, I even dreamed of Raymond. It was then that I had realized my feelings for him. I wished to be in his arms, to breathe in his scent. Even arguing with him right now would've been adequate to have alleviated my longing for him.

I wanted him. The good and the bad too.

I'm in love with Raymond and with this realization, I knew nothing was going to be the same ever again. A bewildered scoff escaped my lips at the thought.

At the same time I got an iMessage from the group chat Lola added me on ever since dad got me my iPhone. It was a video sent by Malik with Hakeem drawing on my face.

To: The Pack I Run With

This douche really took advantage of me🤯

Brother from another mother‼️
🤫🤭Don't say this lightly, love. Outsiders will think dirty.

Headache 🤕🙄
Job well done, Keem 👏🏻. Besides, what's the fun of wasting such a glorious opportunity?

   🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Bubbles 🌈🌞
I'm definitely not going 2 school 2day.

Baby Momma 💓🤗
🤣🤣 I'll bring your assignments for you. Thank Ray, cause this is the 1st & last time I'm doing this.

Mute/Drama Queen 🤦🏽‍♀️👸🏽
Shhhh!!!!!! My head hurts 😖🤕

Another message came through that included Lola grinding on a broom. In the background of that same video was Kat pulling my hair back as I puked out my guts into the toilet.

She then scolded Malik for recording instead of helping her since he was the one responsible for bringing the alcohol.

Baby Momma💓🤗
I need new friends. New RESPONSIBLE  friends.

Headache 🤕🙄
Good luck with that, booger

I shook my head, looking through the video Ray sent me a while back when he took me to his mother's dance studio. It was so thoughtful of him. I uploaded the video on Instagram with a sad sigh. @rayevans_ Thx for showing me what true love really is.

I nudged my brother awake when we were called to board the plane. Usually, my brother would always find a way to sit next to me, because of my fear of planes which was ironic considering the number of times we traveled. However, this time his seat was directly in front of mine.

"Chris, why aren't you next to me?" I hissed, kicking his seat in the process. My brother threw me a smug look I couldn't quite understand.

"For a tiny person like yourself, you're awfully violent. Is this seat taken?"

This comment didn't come from my brother but from a voice, I knew all too well by now. I looked up for confirmation, afraid that I was hallucinating and it was indeed Raymond.