Chapter 2: The Night of the Comet

Start from the beginning

"Oh, no," Elena attempts to decline. "I... but I would like to read it again. I promise I'll give it back."

"Okay," Stefan replies.
<><><><>

At home, Ryan sees Myra waiting. There is a bowl of popcorn and m&m's mixed - Ryan's favorite snack mix. There is a big container of Dr Pepper and another of sprite, along with some clear plastic cups. There is also a stack of dvd movies on the end of the coffee table.

"Myra, what's this?" Ryan asks.

"You're hurting and I'm here for you," Myra says. "So, come and pick out a movie. We will pig out and have a best friend's day, deal?"

Ryan agrees instantly and she heads toward the pile of dvd movies. She picks the stack up and she shuffled through each one until she picks Coraline. It's an animated movie that Ryan has been wanting to see since it came out but Myra binge watches when she's alone.

Ryan walks over to the DVD player while Myra pours some Dr Pepper in a cup for her and some sprite in another cup for Ryan. Ryan has an addiction to sprite. She always has a bottle or a can of sprite, usually.

"Ah, I knew you'd choose Coraline," Myra muses when the main screen comes up. "You've wanted to see that since it came out."

"I'm excited," Ryan admits as she slowly sits beside her best friend. "Dad's supposed to be picking up my pain medicine."

Myra nods. "Want to cuddle? It'll make you feel better."

Ryan grins, unable to decline a good cuddle from her best friend. She leans into Myra's open arms, and they watch Coraline and eat their snacks, and drink their beverages.
<><><><><>

Matt and Elena are walking outside the school together, talking about Matt's sister - Vicki. Vicki was attacked at the back to school party, she was alone in the woods and an animal attacked her or something.

"The they're keeping her overnight to make sure there's no infection," Matt explains, "but she should be able to come home tomorrow."

"That's good news," Elena claims.

"Yeah," Matt replies.

"Did you get in touch with your mom?" Elena asks as they walk.

"Called and left a message," Matt says. "She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so... we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home."

"Vicki's lucky she's ok," Elena claims.

"I know, and now there's talk of some missing campers," Matt says.

"Did she say what kind of animal it was that attacked her?" Elena asks.

"She said it was a vampire," Matt replies.

"What?" Elena stops walking amd looks at Matt.

"Yeah, she wakes up last night and mutters 'vampire' and then passes out," Matt says.

"Ok, that's is weird," Elena claims.

"I think she was drunk," Matt says. "So what's up with you and the new guy?"