CHAPTER NINE

Zayn POV

I figure I should feel stressed but I don’t feel a single bit of worry. I know exactly where I am going, while walking into the house I learned to hate with every single bit of my heart. I don’t even take the effort to go and meet Stefan. I immediately go to mine and Louis’ room. And when I enter I notice how he looks up instantly. He doesn’t let a second go in between. It’s not normal, being so sensitive to the most quiet noises. It’s not normal being so guarded like that.

‘You fucking prick.’ Louis stands up from the bed he was laying on and walks over to me, shoving me against the wall immediately. I don’t even try to resist. I just let him be. ‘Why the fuck didn’t you call. I thought you were dead. Or arrested.’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘You’ve got to be kidding me, right?! Is that fucking everything I get?’ He scoffs angry. ‘He shot you! He left you behind. The least you could do was calling me.’

‘You left me behind as well.’

‘I didn’t know! If I had known I would've stopped him. I thought you were in the car!’ Louis had been building this up from the moment our paths separated. I knew he didn’t left me on purpose. I knew it was all Stefan.

‘I know.’ I nod, making him calm down only a little bit.

‘How are you?’ Louis asks eventually, quickly scanning how I look.

‘Graving shot. Not that bad.’ I lifted my shirt so he was able to see.

‘It’s stitched?’

‘It is.’

‘Did you go to the hospital?’ The way he asked it, was like he feared the worst, like I actually was that stupid.

‘Of course not.’

His body lost its tense, relief readably off his face.

‘Then how did it get stitched?’

I wait. I don’t say anything for a couple of seconds, debating on telling him the truth or not. But he is my best friend. And he is able to shut his mouth. So I take the risk.

‘She did it.’ I mutter quietly, making sure even the walls can’t hear it.

‘She? Who she-...’ And suddenly Louis realises who I’m talking about and his face freezes for a second. ‘You are kidding me. Right?’ He continues eventually. And when I don’t respond he throws his hands in the air in defeat. ‘This is it. You are crazy.’ His voice turns higher due to the emotion involved.

‘She was the only one I could go to!’

‘You could come to us!!’ He almost yelled but still in a whispering voice.

‘Yeah right. Like Stefan wouldn’t have killed me right on the spot.’ I roll my eyes at Louis for him believing the taller man would do anything else.

‘I wouldn’t let him.’

‘You would try, but stand no chance.’ I correct him. ‘And we both would be dead.’

‘Probably.’ Louis shrugs frustrated.

We fall in a silence until suddenly my blue eyed friend comes in for a short, but heart felt hug. He pats my back two times before he lets go. ‘Glad to have you back.’ He mumbles under his breath.

‘I wish I could say the same. But you know… There are better places to be.’

‘Like her place.’ Louis smirks. But before I can react his jaw suddenly drops. ‘Zayn Malik, you are not falling for her don’t you?!’