CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

NOTE: This is probably the worst time for me to write a fanfic about Zayn. I mean... First leaving the band... Then fight with Louis, the main bromance of my story... :'( Anyway... Let's just believe and pretend they are still okay! I hope they are... I really hope it. So on a more happier note: this is the last chapter. There's still an epilogue to come. PLEASE let me know your thoughts...

You know the feeling of watching every single movement on the clock in hope it will go faster somehow? Because that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. I'm looking at the small clock arrows, trying to move them with my eyes like Matilda did in one of my favorite childhood movies. But unfortunately I don't have the special gift I wanted for all those years. Instead I'm doomed to watch the time go by as slow as it always goes when you are focused on it.

After a while of sitting on a hard wood chair, I decide to pace up and down the room. It's almost a repeating ritual of pacing, looking at the clock, stopping to check my phone and continuing my pace. I don't know how many times I repeat it, before I finally hear my doorbell and literally storm to open the door.

'Why did that take so freaking long?' I exclaim when I meet Harry's eyes and move myself away to let him in.

'Don't complain to me! I'm knackered.' He says when he lets himself fall on the sofa with a loud sigh. 'That was probably one of the most tiring things I ever did.'

'How did it go?'

But he acts like he doesn't hear me. 'They ask so many questions. It's remarkable, if you ask me. The psychology behind it. After a while I even started to doubt myself. That's how good they are at their job!'

'Harry. What did they say?'

'Liam was so tired he didn't even bother coming here. He thought he would fall asleep anyway.'

'I know Harry. It's tiring. I told you about it after going myself. How did it go? Did you see him? Any of them?'

Suddenly he stops and doesn't answer at all. He just looks up at me from the sofa and raises his brow. 'You are one impatient person. You know that?'

'Please Harry...' I whine in frustration. 'I've been waiting here for hours. I'm done with not knowing anything.'

'Well I can't fill you in on much if I'm honest.'

'You didn't see him?'

'Nop.' He shakes his head. 'Evelyn... That doesn't even make sense. Why would they let me see him? They're trying to find out what happened. It wouldn't make sense for them to put me with him or any of them.'

'But what did you say?' I ask while sitting myself down in the opposite couch.

'I told them exactly what happened.' He shrugs like it's a normality. 'I told them  everything I know about the three of them. I told them about how they helped me finding you back. I told them about meeting Niall in the back of the house and how he backed up for all of us.'

Harry and Liam told me the story about what went on with Niall acting like he was on Stefan's side again. Apparently Louis and my two best friends easily could have taken down the three men, until Louis caught eyes with Niall. Niall probably went to the back after he heard Stefan and Zayn talking about it. Niall and Louis had a silent conversation and after that, Louis suddenly stopped defending himself and let the men take control over him. Harry told me about how confused he was, but when he made eye contact he could just see Louis knew exactly what he was doing. For him it was amazing to see how much those boys depend on each other.  He thought it was remarkable how much trust Louis had in the Irish boy. And when you think about it, there was no other way for this to go the way it did. Niall was right. They all needed to be in the exact same place in order for this to work. They work best as a team. And from the moment Niall shot Stefan, the team took control. And that was the goal from the beginning.