CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

NOTE: Hello everyone. So this story is coming to an end. There are probably (not sure yet) four-five chapters left and an epilogue. I hope you are ready for it! I am already busy writing chapter 33 so you won't have to wait too long. I have two weeks break from school so I will have more writing time! Yay!!

It's a strange nauseous feeling bringing me back to consciousness. My eyes flutter open and it takes a while for them to adjust to the dim light in the unfamiliar room.

Apart from the hard bed I'm lying on and a little desk in the corner of the room, there is nothing other than spider webs, dust and dirty walls surrounding me. And only that makes it very clear that wherever I am right now, does not seem like a good place to be.

I slowly lift myself up from the bed, but I do have to take a moment before I'm able to stand up. I'm still a little light headed from whatever put me asleep. A couple of seconds later I feel strong enough to carry myself across the room, so I lift myself on my two feet again and I sway to the only door while I try wishful thinking in hope to be able to open the door and get the bit of fresh air I need. And when my hand reaches the doorknob, it's immediately obvious, that whoever brought me here, doesn't want me to get out, because it's locked.

The fact that I'm trapped and I don't know what I'm doing here and the only thing I want is for Zayn to show up and take me home, brings me so close to tears that I don't even realize when they fall down my cheek.

I get startled and take a few steps back when I hear someone open the lock and the doorknob starts to move.

I have to contain myself not to gasp when a tall ash blond man walks into the room. His bright blue eyes and his height are the only signs for me to be sure it’s Stefan standing in front of me. It's only now that I realize I have never seen his hair before. I imagined it to be a lighter colour but not so close to white like this. It's so unnatural and more scary at the same time. His popping blue eyes feel like they can see right through me, giving me the most uncomfortable feeling.

'So... Evelyn.' His voice calls my name and it causes me to get shivers down my spine. 'Zayn's girlfriend. Right?' He closes the door again behind him, making us the only two people in the room.

I decide to not answer him. I quickly move my eyes over his body to see if he is hiding a gun anywhere. I know Zayn always has his under his belt in the front. With Stefan I don't see anything and it makes me wonder if he thinks that little of me to come here without a gun.

'You know, I never thought Zayn would be this stupid quite frankly.' He thinks out loud, startling me with his amused voice. 'You're a pretty girl. It's a true shame.'

He disgusts me. His whole presence disgusts me.

'You wonder how I know?' He smiles, not leaving his position. His hands are folded behind his back and his smirk never failing my glance.

He's waiting for me to answer but I still refuse to speak to him.

'You're not a very talkative person are you?' He questions me while tilting his head a bit. A couple of seconds go by before he decides to stab me in the heart without touching me. 'What if I told you I killed Zayn just a couple of seconds before I came in here.'

'You didn't.' I hiss at him while feeling all my hope shatter on the floor.

He smiles big when he nods. 'Exactly. I didn't. But thank you for assuring me you really are his girlfriend. Your face is an open book, Evelyn. You should be more guarded with your emotions.'

I feel my heart rate slow down again. Thank God. Thank God it was a lie.

He runs his hand through his hair before he decides to speak again. 'To be fair it took me a while to figure out what was going on with Zayn.' His voice starts telling the story that I actually don't want to know. 'I'm going to start at the beginning and tell you one important thing Zayn hasn't even figured out yet: none of my boys go on the streets alone without someone watching them.' His voice proud and confident. 'To be honest with you, when it comes to Zayn I kind of slacked the process, you know... With the little boy he's watching. Luke... Lucas? Still not sure what his name was. Anyway. Because he went out more often and I, sadly enough, trusted him, I stopped ordering people to follow him. Until a couple of months ago, when I shot Zayn during a job. He disappeared for a full day and when he came back, the bullet wound was magically taken care off.'