Letting Go of the Past #2

Start from the beginning

"We will dear."

Adam made his way into the bedroom and nuzzled his Omega to wake her up. She slowly woke up and immediately hugged her Alpha, burying her face into him and nuzzling him back.

"Ready to go?"

"Mn."

Adam stood as Xael woke up enough to move and function.

"Let's go boys" Adam patted his leg and the pups jumped up and headed to the door. Xael was a little impressed that her boys now respected Adam as their Alpha as well. Before they left, Xael gave her Grams and Skylar a hug. Xael let her pups run for a bit and use the bathroom before heading to Adams apartment. Now with everyone in the jeep, Adam drove them home.

Xael was pretty quiet during the ride home. Suddenly she began to sniff around, she leaned into the back seat area and sniffed then she sniffed her Alpha.

"You smell like wolves." She gave him a frown and relaxed back in the seat. Adam felt it best not to tell her about his encounter at the sweatlodge.

"You still tired?"

"Yeah." Adam reached over to see if she had a fever, thankfully she didn't.

"How'd it go today?"

"It went alright. Grams met my other Grandparents and your dad."

"Oh! How'd that go?"

"Those two gabbed like little old ladies!" Both of them laughed but quickly settled down. Xael could tell that Adam wanted to talk but for some reason she was just wiped out and needed more sleep.

Finally reaching his apartment, she noticed there was a ton of people out and about.

"Shit...I forgot their leashes."

"Don't worry, I grabbed them babe."

"Oh thank you." Xael reached for the leashes and put them on. She linked her boys to stay close to her. Getting out of the jeep, she opened the passenger door and quickly grabbed their leads. There were so many people in the area that Adam had to park across the street. Once outside of the jeep, Xael waited for Adam.

"What's going on?"

"I have no idea, it wasn't this crowded when we left the station. Let's get inside, I'm not liking all these people out here."  As they waited to cross the street, some people approached them. Xael immediately knew they were tourist.

{Adam, i think it's all tourist}

{Shit}

Two of them got close to Xael and her pups, one was dumb enough to reach out to touch one of them.

"They bite!"

"Oh! Sorry!"

Even though she warned them, the still stayed close by, Adam wasn't having it. "You people might want to back up, like she said, they bite."

They moved away from them. With the way finally clear, they quickly crossed the street and hurried upstairs. Xael was so done; her pups and Alpha could tell. She walked out of her shoes, went right to the bed and crashed. Now Adam was worried.

"Babe?" He sat next to her as her pups hopped up on the bed with her, flanking each side of her.

"I'm sorry, today was kinda stressful, the asshole at the restaurant didn't help either."

"Just rest babe. I need to get a hold of Beau to see what's going on."

"Okay." Xael curled up with her pups and was soon out.

Adam went to the windows to check the status in the streets below. Calling Beau, he picked up on the third ring.

"Dude! You reading my mind?" Beau seemed to know that Adam would be calling.

"Man! What the hell is going on in town? Tourists are everywhere! I had to park across the street!"

"I have no idea, but Skylar's gonna be calling ya."

"Okay. I'll just give him a ring now. Talk later."

Call ended with Beau, Adam gave Skylar a ring, he hoped he wasn't busy.

"Hey Adam."

"Skylar. You know anything about all the tourists that've invaded town?"

"Yeah, one of the Tribal leaders just called me. Seems a couple of groups of tourist well be in town for the rest of the day.  They're leaving some time tonight."

"Okay, do me and Beau need to man the station?"

"You know, it can't hurt. I don't really trusts all these outsiders. I'll be there in a bit."

"No! You stay out there, me and Beau can take care of it. I'll call a couple of the officers from the next town to help walk the streets."

"You sure? I'm already dressed."

"I'm sure. You got some important bonding to take care of."

"Ha hahahaaa well we're just taking it easy for the rest of the day so call me if you need to."

"Will do." Adam quickly called Beau back to have him meet at the station, it was going to be a long night. The Alpha hated to leave his Omega alone seeing how she was exhausted but her Pups were with her. He moved over to the bed to get her to wake up, but she was already starting to stir.

"Xael?"

She looked over at him with her crazy bed head hair. "Hm?"

Wrapping her in a hug, he gave her a kiss. "I need to go back to work babe."

"Why?"

"All those tourists. The Tribal leaders want us to keep an eye on things till they leave. "

"Oh...damn tourists. I was going to cook dinner." She was getting a little whinny. "Hey! Beau helping you?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna call some of the officers from the next town to help us out with patrolling the streets."

"Ooooo! I'll head over to the diner and cook us all something to eat! I'm sure there's food that needs to be used up. You can meet me there when the others get here."

"Are you sure, I think you need to sleep and I don't want around all those strangers."

"Yeah, but I'm hungry. I'll take my boys with me. I'm not turning on the open side and I'll lock the door behind me."

"Okay, if you have an issue before we get there link me, understand."

"Mmhmm."

As Adam dressed, Xael finished waking up and fixed her hair. After he was finished dressing, Xael walked up to him and in his arms.  "You're so handsome in your uniform.!"

"Oh shit!! I totally forgot!"

"What?"

"I'm the new sheriff!!"

"WHAT!"

"Yeah! Skylar told me this morning, he's retiring!"

"Oh my G-" Xael burst out laughing. "Those little shits!"

"What?"

"Grams gave me the diner this morning!"

"NO WAY!"

"I'm sorry Adam, that meeting with the detectives must have stressed me out more than I thought. I've spaced off everything today."

"It's okay babe. Congratulations!"

"Congratulations to you too, Sheriff Shado!"

The two of them shared a long and tender kiss, but it was cut short by a groan from none other than Gunner and Moose.

"Poo poo heads." Xael made a silly face at her pups, all that did was cause them to growl at her. "Wow, things are really falling into place with us. New home, new jobs."

"I know my beautifully special Omega."

Another kiss and they headed downstairs. Both dreading having to interact with tourists.