22 | intercom

C H A E Y O U N G

"I don't understand why we're hiding in an oak tree." I grumbled. "And why am I on the highest branch?"

"Because you're the shortest and if we're above you, our legs will hit your adorable face." Tzuyu looked around the park. "Minsoo, how's the view down there?"

Minsoo put down the binoculars in this hand. "Well, there's no sign of the sparrow and the dove."

"Sparrow and dove?" I asked. "Areum and Sana?"

Tzuyu nodded her head. "We need code names."

"Wow, you are getting way too into this." I raised my eyebrow and took out my phone, scrolling through my messages. "Minsoo, why are you thinking so hard?"

"I'm thinking of nicknames, Chaeng." He tutted, and suddenly lit up. "I got it!"

"Got what?" Tzuyu looked down at him.

"The nicknames!" He grinned as he looked up at Tzuyu and I. "I'm death vader-"

"Death vader? Psh." I snorted. "What a dumb name."

"Isn't it the dude from star wars?" Minsoo wondered.

"That's Darth Vader, you dumbass." Tzuyu sighed and hit the back of Minsoo's head with her knee.

I laughed, and then proceeded to ask for the other nicknames.

"Chaeyoung, you're ddalgi."

"Why?"

"You're seriously asking me why?"

I mean, I guess it'd be stupid to ask why.

I was literally wearing hairties with strawberries on it, along with a strawberry backpack, a watch with a strawberry in the middle, and a necklace with a silver strawberry.

I shook my head and went back on lookout.

"Lastly, Tzuyu is Tzuliet. Get it- Tzu-liet?" He laughed, and both Tzuyu and I looked at each other confused. "Because she's in love with someone she can't really be-"

"SHUT UP!" Both Tzuyu and I screamed, and Minsoo went back to lookout.

I began to climb down from the tree, and headed over to the river, where I picked up a stone I had found on the sidewalk.

Looking around, I quickly threw the stone into the river and sighed, whipping my head to see Minsoo and Tzuyu dangling their legs from the extremely tall tree. It was a calm day, and I was glad that they had invited me to come join them.

After all, it took my mind off of 100 ways to simply murder that bitch who broke my best friend's heart.

Tzuyu didn't need her heart broken.

Not again.

"Chaeyoung?" I heard someone familiar call to me, and realised that I definitely should NOT have come down from the tree.

"Mina...." I gritted my teeth. "And Dahyun...Great to see you both." Dahyun gave me a boxy grin, and I looked at Mina who tried her best to give me a smile.

Regardless of what you might be thinking, no, I do not hate either of them.

Dahyun's my other best friend, and Mina is simply my best friend's crush.

Or girlfriend.

To be honest I have no idea at all.

"Good to see you too, Chaeng." Dahyun coughed, and looked over at Mina. "You can go ahead, I'll meet up with you at the restaurant." Mina nodded and headed off, and Dahyun immediately brought me closer. "What the hell are Minsoo and Tzuyu doing in the tree?"

"So you caught on..." I clapped my hands with matched perfectly with my awkward tone. Dahyun looked up at the two who were lost in their own war world. "We were just playing hide-and-seek. Whoops, guess I found them." I ended it with a trail of awkward chuckles, and Dahyun sighed.

"I saw Sana with some girl earlier on? They were by Min-Jung's Fountain, you know, the one with water."

"The one with....water?" I raised my eyebrow. "Got it."

I was about to head back to the tree when Dahyun grabbed my wrist. "Both don't seem too interested at all, if you want to know for Tzuyu's sake."

Yeah. That sounded fine.

"Thanks, Hyun. We'll be on our way."
_________________________________________

A R E U M

If I'm being totally honest, I was trying my best to bore Sana out. I can't betray Tzuyu over some girl I've known for two days.

"Areum-ah," Sana sat down by the fountain. "You're good friends with Tzu, right?"

I nodded my head and sat down next to her, crossing my right leg over my left one. "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

She shrugged her shoulders and fiddled a bit with her fingers, looking down at the pebbled ground.

"I just...I'm in love with Tzuyu." She told me, and I smiled. It's been a while since Tzuyu found someone. "To be honest, I just hung out with you because I was mad with her. She didn't answer her phone."

I let out a little laugh, to which Sana looked at me with a confused look on her face.

"What's so funny?" She furrowed her eyebrow and sat up straight.

"Well, for starters," I laughed a bit more, "Tzuyu's phone broke like, over a week ago-"

"Really?" She fully faced me. "So, she wasn't ignoring me?"

"Sana- the girl is literally in love with you! She won't stop rambling on about some girl she fell in love with, which - spoiler alert: has your exact facial features - and she even told us how you two have gone out and said you love each other."

"Oh God, I'm so stupid-"

"Damn right you are!" I laughed heavily, and I looked at Sana, whose panic-stricken face suddenly turned into laughter-ville.

I have no idea how long we were laughing for, but by the time we finished spitting some corny jokes, I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.

Damn Tzu, this one's not bad.
________________________________________

T Z U Y U

"We should go." Chaeyoung looked over at Minsoo, and I stood still in my spot. "Tzu?"

I nodded my head and gave a weak smile to Minsoo and Chaeyoung, who seemed worried for me.

From afar, you could hear the loud roars of two girls laughing.

It was as if they were in their own world.