19 | she's back

T Z U Y U

Sana had been banned from her phone for a while after the party, and the only way I could get in contact with her was through Minsoo. Unfortunately, Minsoo was also banned from talking or interacting with Sana, so I hadn't heard from her for about a few days.

And I was starting to get used to it.

To forget all about my problems, I buried myself under tasks like working at the bakery, and schoolwork. It was painful, but it had to be done.

Today was like any other day.

I got in the shower, putting on my playlist of my favourite songs, whilst dancing and singing in the slippery cube.

However, my music stopped halfway, and I could hear the phone ring.

I stuck my hand out of the shower, still soaking wet, to grab my phone, and I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Tzu?"

"Nayeon unnie?!" I screamed. "Why are you calling now? Isn't it 4am there?"

"Yeah, that's the thing Tzu."

"What's the thing?"

I could hear two people laughing behind the phone. "We're coming back to Korea!"

"What?! Seriously?!" I screeched. "Like...now?"

"Yes, now, Tzu. See you!" Nayeon cut the call, and I grabbed my phone with happiness.

It had been a while since I had seen them both, and to be honest, I was quite excited. Nayeon unnie would probably have a lot of American snacks (I was about to use the word pasalubong kasi nakalimutan anong salita) for me to try out.

I was so excited that I accidentally dragged my phone into the shower with me to text Chaeyoung, but I realised....

My phone isn't waterproof.

The phone started glitching, and suddenly shut down, and I was left with no music and a broken phone.

Yeah I'm kinda confused too.

"Ah shoot." I whispered, trying to shake the water out of my phone. This was the only form of communication I had with Minsoo to get updates (which he got from his mum), and now it wasn't working!

Once I had finished my shower, I quickly got changed and rushed downstairs to ask my mum for her phone.

"Why are you in such a rush?" My mum asked as I scrambled through her purse. "Where's your phone anyways?"

I held up my phone for her to see, and she simply stifled some laughter. "It's not funny, mama."

"But it is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is- Okay, why are you so desperate to look through my purse?"

"Your phone." I let out a breath after finding it, and held it up. "I need to call Minsoo."

"Do you even have his number?"

I paused.

Simply put, I did not remember his number. And it would be stupid to try go through my phone because it was glitching like a broken radio signal.

"I thought not." She laughed. "Help me out with this batch today, to get your mind off of it."

"Fine."
_________________________________________

S A N A

I had finally gotten my phone back after two weeks, and it felt so good to have it back.

I'd been trapped for ages, and I had to have a bodyguard at all times when I went out. Occasionally, I'd ask to go to Busan, and we'd pass by the bakery, and I could see her figure through the bakery windows, wishing she would see me, but she never turned around.

Since I was sort of 'estranged' from the world, I had been getting closer to Euntae. He wasn't so bad, he too was trapped with this whole marriage deal. We had one thing we bonded over, which was cooking.

While I was bad, he was really good, and there were many moments of laughter in the kitchen. But we both knew that any sort of romantic relationship between us wouldn't work, and so we left it as being good friends.

All that time, however, all I could think about was Tzuyu.

I just wanted to talk to her.

So when I got my phone back, I was so happy because obviously, I'd be able to call and text her again.

"The number you have dialled is currently unavailable."

It was the thirteenth time that I had tried to dial her, and it was around the time that she was available.

But she wasn't picking up, and a hundred thoughts had ran through my mind.

After all, it had been two weeks. What if she found someone else? What if she realised she didn't want me in her life? What if she didn't want to be part of my world?

"That's stupid." Minsoo told me through the phone. "She literally texted me almost everyday to ask how you were. Well, except for the past few days."

"She did?"

"Yeah, she did. And Sana - she literally told you she loves you in front of everyone! Imagine!"

"I think she's ignoring me..."

"SANA HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING?!"

"Thanks Minsoo, I'll get going."

"Sana-"

"Yes?"

"Let's go to the bakery tomorrow." Minsoo told her. "Tell your dad you want to buy something at the jewellers and then I'll meet up with you there."

"You sure?"

"Sure as ever. See you tomorrow then!"

"See you too."