29 | it's not too late, right? - finale

T Z U Y U

Jet-lag had been taking its toll on me.

I couldn't get back to a normal sleeping schedule after the first week I came back, so I just decided to suffer.

When the entire city of Seoul is asleep, I'm awake, typing away at the worn-out keyboard.

Many thoughts run through my mind, and more lately, it's been about Sana and whatever the hell the past three years of my life were. It's odd how much you realise you want someone the minute they're gone.

In the darkness of my room, I could hear someone trying to get up, probably annoyed with my constant typing.

"Tzu." Chaeyoung grouchily sat up, rubbing her eyes. "It's 5am. Haven't you slept yet?"

I shook my head and lowered the brightness of my computer screen, and Chaeng crawled over to my bed - making sure not to step on Momo and Jeongyeon.

Since I'm only here for a month, the three have been staying at my house almost everyday. I have a week left before I have to go back, and so they wanted to, according to Chae: "Make the most of it while it lasts."

"What 'cha writing?" Chaeyoung questioned, hopping onto my bed.

"My thoughts." I quietly hummed, and Chaeyoung rested her head on my pillow. "I've been writing about Nari and Sana."

(A/N : i used nari as it was the same name as 1 villain in 'Building Blocks')

"Not Nari....I thought you would've forgotten all about her by now." Chaeyoung grumbled, and I laughed as quietly as I could.

I shook my head and continued on typing. "You can forgive someone who hurt you, but you can't really forget them, can you?"

Chaeyoung kept silent for a moment, and I knew she was thinking of something to hit me back with.

She's always been some sort of interrogator between the two of us.

"If we're going by what you just said, are you still in love with Sana, even though she hurt you?"

I froze and stopped typing, and turned to Chaeyoung.

"Well," I pursed my lips. "I can't really say I'm still in love, can I? We're so different now that even if I were still in love with her, it wouldn't work out."

"Explain it to me." Chaeyoung pulled herself up to sit against my headboard.

I had to think about it for a moment. "She's now a rich businesswoman, she's successful, she's gorgeous, and she's probably still overwhelmed after the death of Euntae.

In the past three weeks I've been here, she's only been free around three times, and those three times she went out with the friends that she had left behind. In the three weeks I've been back, I've just been lazing around with you guys."

"Lazing?" She frowned.

"What else am I meant to call it then?" I teased. "Because it's definitely not working hard."

"Hm. I get what you mean - both of the things you said." She stroked her chin like Pharaoh, going into deep thoughts. "But let's say Sana was still in love with you."

I raised my eyebrow. "Okay...go on?"

"Would you let her back into your life this time round?"

*****

Chaeyoung had fallen asleep after I had allowed her to listen to some music, and daylight began to peek in through my blinds.