18 | she's not your toy

M I N S O O

"I'm sick of you choosing your career over your own daughter." Tzuyu scowled, and I turned to look at Mr Minatozaki. He looked angry, and he looked so furious.

I really wish I had said something to defend Sana, but my mum needs her job.

And for me, it's my mum before my friends.

"She clearly doesn't like the guy you've chosen for her - what's his name again? Eunwae? Eunsay? Taeeun?"

"Euntae-" The guy tried interrupting, but Tzuyu simply brushed him off.

"I don't care." Tzuyu shot him a side-eye glance and turned back to Mr Minatozaki. "You know why she doesn't like him?"

A small scoff from Mr Minatozaki could be heard, and I shot a look at Sana, who was frightened for Tzuyu. I could see in her eyes that she cared for Tzuyu, but had no idea what the hell she was doing.

I've known Sana since we were kids, and I know that certain look in her eyes when she cares for someone.

Her eyes get big, and instead of the stars being reflected into her eyes, it's fear, and she can't help but stand still.

Time stops for her, and she can't hear a single word. All she thinks about is the person, and she doesn't think about anything else except helping them.

But I don't know why she didn't just drag Tzuyu out.

Maybe it's because of what Tzuyu said after.

Because if I were Sana, I'd be frozen too.

"You know why she doesn't like that himbo of a guy?" Tzuyu pointed over to Euntae, who seemed a bit offended with the new nickname. "She doesn't like him because..." She paused for a second.

Mr Minatozaki laughed. "You can't think of anything, huh?"

"No. I can." Tzuyu glared at him. "Because I love her and she loves me."

The once painfully silent room became a cluster of chaos and whispers, and I could feel the tension that was rising through Mr Minatozaki's bones. His face became red with fury, and his fists were clenched. The veins could have popped at any second.

"Sana." Mr Minatozaki turned to look at her. "Is this true?"

Sana was speechless for probably the first time in her life.

Tzuyu seemed hopeful, and I was hopeful too.

"Yes." Sana looked up at her father after some time. "I love her."

I smiled, and looked over at Tzuyu who was smiling as well. Sana loved Tzuyu, and Tzuyu loved her back.

But there was one problem.

"From now on, you will no longer be catering to us, Chou Family." Mr Minatozaki commanded, and I heard someone scoff from the kitchen area. Turning to see, it was Mrs Chou.

Oh dear.

"That's perfectly fine with me." Mrs Chou walked over to Tzuyu and grabbed Tzuyu's hand. "We'll be taking our food with us then. You can make your own food, Mr Eito."

"Wait-"

"By the way." Mrs Chou said before turning back to the kitchen. She had this sort of smile on her face, as if she knew she had won. "Cut Sana some slack. It's the first time my daughter has smiled this much since her father died. I'm grateful that Tzuyu has someone like Sana in her life - and not some ungrateful brat like you." Mrs Chou stomped her way to the kitchen, and I let out a breath of relief that I had not realised I had been holding in.

I saw Mr Minatozaki turn to me, and I gulped.

"Minsoo."

"Yes, sir?"

"Sana will no longer be under your care. I do not want to see you near her, do you understand me?" "But-" "No buts."

I looked over at Sana, who mouthed a 'I'm sorry', and I responded with, 'I'll find a way.'

I hoped I would find a way.

Because there are so many problems in Sana's life, and I feel so bad that I can't even help her with one.

But we need to take them on one at a time.

And the first is Tzuyu.