~ Chapter 17 ~ (Realization)

Start from the beginning

Akio let (Y/N) enter before shutting the gate and followed (Y/N) at the back to the house. Then both of them saw Sanae who also looks worried than ever.

(Y/N) noted that when he saw both of Uncle Akio and Aunt Sanae faces, he can see that both of them have a pair of eye bags. He know both of them did not sleep at all probably worried about him and his parents.

Sanae then looked at (Y/N) and saw few dry bloods on his clothes. She instantly went close to (Y/N) checking on him.

But (Y/N) reassured them saying not to worry because it wasn't his. Sanae is relieved but she and her husband began to feel dreaded about it. It crossed their minds of who could it be but they rather hear from (Y/N) himself.

(Y/N) just entered the living room and sat down. He is looking down right now. Akio and Sanae entered and sit near him. They don't want to push him with questions soo they let him be for awhile.

Suddenly another bunch of footsteps are heard and entered the living room. It was just Kanae and Shinobu who also look worried. Sanae signalled both of them to quiet down which both of them just nodded in understanding.

After a few minutes of silence, (Y/N) finally decided to open up to all of them. He tell them everything. The Uchiha being massacred, the death of his parents, the existence of demons, the sharingan, everything... He told them everything he knew.

There are many kinds of reaction from all of the Kocho when hearing this. They were devastated hearing about Sasuke and Akame death, Akio and Sanae are the most affected by this but they kept it to themselves for now since (Y/N) is in front of them. Both of them knew that (Y/N) had it worst than them since they were his parents.

Then the revelation about the existence of the demons also leave them flabbergasted and worried like how demons are secretly in the society without the other humans knowing about them.

They also learned about the existence of an organisation protecting the humans from the demons threat which is demon slayer corps. Who knew that such organisation actually exist without the government knowing about them. They are grateful at the corps right know.

After telling everything he knew, (Y/N) asked if there is a room for him. Akio said there are many empty room and he can choose whichever he wanted. (Y/N) just said thank you and leave the room.

After (Y/N) left the room, Sanae started to cry. Unlike Akio who managed to hold himself from the grief, Sanae couldn't. The thought about Sasuke and Akame gone hit her with a wave of emotions. The Kocho sisters also looked down right now.

Akio just hold Sanae in his arm to comfort his wife. Sanae just stay in her husband arm. There also one more thing that hit her hard... (Y/N).

How could a child went through this? (Y/N) is only 10 years old and he already went through such tragedy in just one night.

But the thing that affected Sanae most is the fact (Y/N) was hiding his emotions. She saw (Y/N) bottling up his sorrow by himself. She just couldn't watch a child going through that.

Sanae vowed that she would look after (Y/N) as if he is her own child made from her own flesh and blood. She and Akio would try their best to take care of him from now on.

~ Later at midnight ~

(Y/N) is sitting alone under the veranda at the back of the house. He is watching the moon right now. The others are probably asleep right now.

He just watched the moon in awe before tears starting to fall from his eyes. He continue to look at the sky trying his best to ignore the tears that keep falling. It was such a beautiful moon tonight.

"(Y/N)! Are you alright?". (Y/N) quickly wiped his tears away before saying he's fine and look at the person who is looking at him in worry. It's just Shinobu. Shinobu however wasn't fooled by (Y/N) since she clearly saw he was crying but she did not push him any further.

"Shinobu, what are you doing here? It's already late you know." (Y/N) asked Shinobu. "I could say the same to you" retorted Shinobu.

(Y/N) just smiled at her, "I just need some fresh air, then I saw the moon which is beautiful tonight. You should definitely see this." Shinobu then looked at the sky and it was indeed beautiful. The moon is in crescent right now with stars filling up the skies.

Shinobu then sit next to (Y/N) mesmerised by the view. They watched for a few minutes before (Y/N) asked something, "Shinobu, can I hold you?" Shinobu just nodded. She knew (Y/N) needed this.

(Y/N) smiled at this before starting to hug Shinobu closer. All Shinobu could feel right now is his warmth embrace which is comfortable to her. (Y/N) just hold her before tears began to fall back from his face. There were thoughts running through his mind.

'The pain of losing life... I felt it for the first time after losing'

'No, I was made to realise it...'

'The feeling of not wanting to lose something precious...'

Shinobu suddenly feel something wet falling at her head. When she looked back at (Y/N)'s eyes she was shocked, not from the crying but his eyes that have been changed.

"(Y/N)! Your eyes!" Shinobu asked in worry but (Y/N) just smiled reassuringly and hold her face gently caressing it

"(Y/N)! Your eyes!" Shinobu asked in worry but (Y/N) just smiled reassuringly and hold her face gently caressing it. He knew he activated his sharingan.

'Will the day comes when you have to go through this pain?'

'The day both of you and Kanae come to know what sadness is...'

(Y/N) then wiped away the tears in his face but it just keep falling. He continue to hold Shinobu before feeling another pair of hands around his neck and rubbing his head gently.

When he looked back, he saw Kanae who is smiling at him warmly. She is embracing him from his back. (Y/N) just smiled back before looking back at the sky. The three of them enjoyed each other company watching the moon in it's glory. A certain thought went through (Y/N)'s mind making him smile to himself.

'You are right father.... I was never alone...'